d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Pullet
fl.gif

wee.gif

Here are three others, face on, which leaves only one unaccounted for, as far as sexing photos go. In D'Anver males over 6 weeks old, I'd expect more comb size and color than this, wouldn't you? The middle one is the heating pad chick "Heather". See? No distinct hackle black in any of them. You can see why this is driving me crazy, after all the male-heavy hatches I've had with these. How could I luck out and have four out of five pullets? I'm not even 100% sure the 5th one isn't a pullet, but that can't happen to me, just can't. What is the absolute latest you've had a male show himself?

Last edited:
I think those three are pullets also. Don't know what the latest I have had one show, but it has never been after 6 weeks. Some times in the 3 or 4 week range they can trick you but I think you are safe now. Of course I have to use the disclaimer, This is the first year I have really watched them mature, but I watched a few hundred this year.

jj

This is not an advertizement but if any one is looking for eggs PM me I might know where some are.

The only chick I didn't get a picture of is my suspected cockerel. So, I think I'm safe to say I do have at least four pullets and a maybe cockerel. Will have to try for a picture of that one. It looks girly in every way except for a slightly suspicious comb, more rounded at the back with some minor pink in it. Body is very narrow and no hackle black, either.

Quote:
ep.gif
How fast do their tails grow back?

The only chick I didn't get a picture of is my suspected cockerel. So, I think I'm safe to say I do have at least four pullets and a maybe cockerel. Will have to try for a picture of that one. It looks girly in every way except for a slightly suspicious comb, more rounded at the back with some minor pink in it. Body is very narrow and no hackle black, either.
The law of averages indicates you were due some pullets.....
smile.png

Snapped some cute pics at roost time for you.

The chick that really is confusing me now is this one and it's the only possible cockerel I have left of the five, if JJ is correct about the other four being pullets that I posted earlier today.

The comb has a touch of pink, is wide at the front, but not the rear, and is still flat as can be. Nothing else says male about this one. It's the one under Aimee's wing facing the camera in the pic above plus, in the two pics below-sorry the bottom one is blurry, again camera started acting up on me:

Back
Top Bottom