d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Just moving this to the end so Aubrey dont miss it.
hide.gif

Hey Aubrey, glad you're back answering questions. I got a million of them. First can you tell gender of a golden neck chick by color, if so what is the difference?

I have these two pullets that came out of silver quail eggs (the white ones)

and this rooster (comb is not very good)

What are the chances of making columbians next year?

Finally, I just like posting pictures of this guy. I ended up with a few bb red(ish) looking pullets so I will try and make more next year.

yep I agree, Cynthia does look like you finally got a batch os girls for the most part. By their age, it's usually a no brainer, and yes, raining here again now too... we never have rain like this this time of year, every day just about for over a month seems like.

JJ

I hadnt missed you, yall just been busy . No difference on goldnecks as chicks, they are the same as millies just in a dominate white base.

The other you showed are F1 columbians. They should make some of both, they most likely came from the 1 columbian hen I had, she was in with the silver quail most of the summer. I never ended up with any, looks like you got them all. Either way, they had a silver quail dad so they can still make both, but the ones that do come out columbian next year should be cleaner.

That crele looks really nice too, should gain a lot of color after his adult molt, mine did. But he's pretty nice color wise for his age already...really good start on them for you.

Nana,

yes they will do an adult molt this fall for you, that's when the color gets it's best for most birds, here at least

That is good news. I really been wanting columbians. I think next year I will be playing the lottery for silver duckwings too.

And I just wanted to say thanks for all the work, time and money you invest making new colors and reviving the standard colors that are not around anymore.

jj

Last edited:
Aubrey! Remember the two blue chick with brown marking on top of the head? They look like JJ F1 Columbian (1 roo, 1hen), what would come out if breed the white hen to f1 columbian roo or silver roo? Thanks, Do

Thanks JJ

Lord knows it's been trying...

Do,
if they look like JJ's posted pics, they are most likely the same thing, columbians off the silver quail pen. I'm betting that's what those arrow head chicks were.

If you breed them together, you should get mostly columbians and more refined ones at that with less and less black each year. That's how my buffs have been going. If you breed them to a silver quail you'll most likely get about half and half. That's what the parents to these were.
silver quail male and an F1 columbian off silver quail. Looks like you 2 got all the luck.

I didnt hatch and keep a single one this year off them..LOL just my luck... oh well, I know who has them at least

Back
Top Bottom