d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

haha, so in with the delicates!!

na, I always see folks talking about "we just gave them a bath" and such, never asked any one how they did it, figured it'd be along those lines though. Mine 'd look like drown rats if I did it. Couldnt you see me with a 6 foot tailed phoenix in a sink!

For Aubrey,

Ain't much uglier than a wet chicken. "6 foot tail" you would need a bigger sink, maybe a hot tub.
ep.gif
lau.gif

Last edited:
17 out of 19 (was it that developed) I'd be happy with that on shipped eggs.
thumbsup.gif
you dog gone right, yep only tossed 2 of the 19 that started, and actually they pip zipped and died, so all 19 hatched, 2 just didnt make it out all the way. and only 1 didnt start on the second set of what was it 30ish? darn good anyway you look at it.

like the picks too, yep I think on the pheonix they'd need to be done outside in a kiddie pool haha

I've a few curious newbie questions. Has anyone ever seen a mille fluer over quail pattern before? Or done such a cross? Sadly, we lost our sweet little starving rescued hen who we had for just a week. I believe she was a D'anvers mix? (straight comb, legs cream colored) But, her breast was mille fleur, her back was quail, and the mille fleur spots with black accents were also across her quail-colored back. I miss my sweet girl. Has anyone seen such a pattern combination before?

This is her front view via blurry cell phone pic, sorry... and the other pics shows the quail under the mille fleur...

beatrice_zpsbc380d9b.jpg

181086_512707205442499_1460666582_n.jpg

I just cannot tell you how much I loved this girl. She was clearly a cross, but seemed to have some Belgian D'anvers in her. She was starving when we got her, had an upper respiratory, and we did what we could for a week and she passed. My goodness, she was so loved!

Other question: Are D';anvers quite friendly? (Do they like to be held, tend to be tame?) Are some colors more friendly/easily handled than others?

Thanks for the questions. Our tiny flock is standard-sized, free range in safety, and are all rescues from difficult situations. Our ancient, gentle rooster is an OEG Bantam mix. I'm wishing for a hen to occasionally be able to pick up and spoil a bit. Would a D'anvers be a good fit for our situation? Is a D'uccle friendlier to being held? Which is calmer? Thanks for any thoughts.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom