d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

they are so adorable, especially that little pullet in the third pic! That darker cockerel's colouring is gorgeous as well.

I worry about the fact that she carries her tail more like a Japanese Bantam than a D'Anver, and she has next to nothing for a beard at this time. But she's one of the smallest and for now I keep her around. I actually plan to avoid hatching any eggs out of her this next year. But that's going to be hard unless I actually seperate the group to their own laying pens.

I worry about the fact that she carries her tail more like a Japanese Bantam than a D'Anver, and she has next to nothing for a beard at this time. But she's one of the smallest and for now I keep her around. I actually plan to avoid hatching any eggs out of her this next year. But that's going to be hard unless I actually seperate the group to their own laying pens.
did she have a beard as a chick? Sometimes the beards get pulled out by the other chickens.

My hens love to pull out my rooster's beard.

Can anyone tell me what colour my pullet is? (I'm fairly sure she's a she). She's nine weeks old and was supposed to be black and white cuckoo (i bought the eggs from ebay) but came out pale grey. Does that make her lavender cuckoo? Here she is with her brother:

Attachments

• WP_20171219_10_42_10_Pro.jpg
    WP_20171219_10_42_10_Pro.jpg
    887.8 KB · Views: 15
Anyone have any videos of their d'anver roosters crowing? Im trying to get an idea of how loud they are. Are they loud enough to cause trouble with neighbors I guess is what im trying to say :p

Can anyone tell me what colour my pullet is? (I'm fairly sure she's a she). She's nine weeks old and was supposed to be black and white cuckoo (i bought the eggs from ebay) but came out pale grey. Does that make her lavender cuckoo? Here she is with her brother:
I need a better picture. More hens turn out solid colored than cockerel due to sex linked barring.

I don't have video, but yes, they are loud, and very shrill high pitch end... so yes, not a bird to have in town! The neighbors WILL hear them.
Agreed.
I just want to share this photo with my bantam Buckeye and a d'Anver silhouette in the back. It's a bad picture, but I still want to share it.
IMG_20171210_1135442_rewind.jpg

Back
Top Bottom