d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Interesting kids there, JJ.

Well, since Spike wasn't claimed, I took his ad down. And after yesterday, that boy is staying right here.

He's been eating scratch from my hand while up on the roost, away from the bullying older birds. Yesterday, I put them in and walked into the storage room from inside the coop, then I saw him pacing the roost, expecting me to feed him something by hand so I took the jar of Knockout back inside and before I was in the door good, he flew to me from the roost, landed on the jar edge and was eating from my hand while perched on the jar close to my face. He'd look up at me, then eat some more, then look at me, calmer than I've ever seen a D'Anver male while in my arms. I think I may have a new little love. Never had a D'Anver fly to me of his own accord, not ever. Good looking and sweet? Not going anywhere, that one.

SpeckledHen, you just made my day. Spike
wub.gif
is a gorgeous boy, and I'm so happy he's reaching out to connect with you! What a great boy he is! You're really lucky.

It's been a week now, that 6 D'anvers eggs have been incubating.

eggies_zps530e2610.jpg

I can hardly wait to spoil my D'anvers! Since the eggs haven't hatched yet, I haven't got any pictures yet to show off of me snuggling a D'anvers, so for now, here's Prudence Cluckworth, my Golden Comet and our lead hen, and I. She's about to attend a mealworm party
sickbyc.gif
with her 4 flockmate friends.

"Oh mai gracious, don't ruffle mai featherz! I da QUEEN! Da Queen wants her mealwurmz! I must now attend Da Bawk Party!"

69882_507175975995622_2091702142_n.jpg

My D'anvers eggs are due to hatch in 2 weeks. Hopefully, eventually, I'll have a photo snuggling a little mille fleur puff ball.
love.gif
Today is day 7 for the hatching eggs, so, perhaps the teacher doing the classroom hatch project may candle them soon.
fl.gif
For now, I'll just keep scrolling back through this thread and enjoying the pics of everyone else's dear D'anvers! (Who knew waiting 3 weeks could seem so LONG? )

Last edited:
I'll let my son have fun with the breeding of them.....but that's a long way off so I better not count any chicks before these are even laying eggs. BBB, do you sell hatching eggs here on BYC or through your website?

I enjoy hearing about genetics -even though half of it goes over my head. With my silkies I stuck to a Blue/Black/Splash breeding pen, until I hatched out some pretty white ones. Now, I'm incubating more whites and want to start a partridge pen too.
yep, I sell them here threw PM's, or chicks on the chicks for sell section, I do it off my website e-mail, and threw eBay... pretty much any way you want to go ..
I'm always happy to help explain genetics too and try to use normal language with it haha

SpeckledHen, you just made my day. Spike
wub.gif
is a gorgeous boy, and I'm so happy he's reaching out to connect with you! What a great boy he is! You're really lucky.

It's been a week now, that 6 D'anvers eggs have been incubating.

eggies_zps530e2610.jpg

I can hardly wait to spoil my D'anvers! Since the eggs haven't hatched yet, I haven't got any pictures yet to show off of me snuggling a D'anvers, so for now, here's Prudence Cluckworth, my Golden Comet and our lead hen, and I. She's about to attend a mealworm party
sickbyc.gif
with her 4 flockmate friends.

"Oh mai gracious, don't ruffle mai featherz! I da QUEEN! Da Queen wants her mealwurmz! I must now attend Da Bawk Party!"

69882_507175975995622_2091702142_n.jpg

My D'anvers eggs are due to hatch in 2 weeks. Hopefully, eventually, I'll have a photo snuggling a little mille fleur puff ball.
love.gif
Today is day 7 for the hatching eggs, so, perhaps the teacher doing the classroom hatch project may candle them soon.
fl.gif
For now, I'll just keep scrolling back through this thread and enjoying the pics of everyone else's dear D'anvers! (Who knew waiting 3 weeks could seem so LONG? )
aint it a pain!! was about to ask too if they had been candled yet, at day 4 it's pretty obvious in them since they shells are light colored and somewhat thin...hope all of them make it for you

Aubrey, What do I have here? Got three of them all cockerels. They are barred so they had to come from the crele project.

ha, JJ I been scratching my head over that too. I have about 4 or 5 just like that and about the same size looks like. pretty sure I have some pullets colored the same way too though, least they dont have any cockerel feathering on them just yet.... all it is , best as I can tell is an off colored crele cause I know mine came from them no doubt, toe marked.... but I mean it's like looking in a mirror with yours.. Mine did come from the F1 to F1 project birds though, not finished creles or F1 to bb red.... they almost look nearly ginger based.. was waiting on mine to finish out and you can usually tell better by then what's going on. Some times that barring can really mess with the look of a otherwise normal pattern...... wanted to try barred milles sooner or later, figure that'll really make a screwed up looking color !! ha

hey, by the way was I supposed to be doing eggs or chicks for those that you wanted? Bout ready to work on them, just couldnt remember what we had talked about

Back
Top Bottom