d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

We had to cull my single D'anver chick today. She began having seizures hourly and we decided it was the best. I am hearbroken! She was so sweet! Now I don't have a D'anver anymore.
sad.png

Guess who went to the show yesterday and came home with a pair of Quail D'anver by Master Breeder Bob Bridges. Yep I did. Well my daughter is claiming them. I even got a egg on my way home. I also brought home 7 chicks to add to my Sizzle projects.

Guess who went to the show yesterday and came home with a pair of Quail D'anver by Master Breeder Bob Bridges. Yep I did. Well my daughter is claiming them. I even got a egg on my way home. I also brought home 7 chicks to add to my Sizzle projects.

Kids, always swiping your best stuff, sheesh. The two hatched I think are a pair. One is feather legged, one clean legged, both milles split for porcelain. Hopefully, not a Rusty#3! LOL.

I set 9 D'anver eggs in the incubator tonight with a bunch of others. I should have chicks coming out my ears come Easter morning. I have another broody on golf balls sitting tight. Going to give her eggs tomorrow.

Last edited:
Knock on wood, provided there's a high enough hatch rate I'll be bringing home three black d'Anvers in April. I'm so excited!

How are d'Anvers as adoptive mothers? I was thinking of trying to give the new chicks to my broody. They'll be three days old when I get them.

thos polish hens are beautiful, do you sell eggs
My MF girl from Aubrey doesn't have that big of a beard, but she is adorable. I can't wait to hatch babies from her.

I am getting some broody girls now. One of my black mottled girls tried it out for a few days then got tired of it and quit. Now her blue sister is trying it out. Silly birds!
lol.png

My MF pullet ~

those hens are beautiful do you sell eggs from them

Back
Top Bottom