d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Quote:
I had suspected blue, but sometimes it's so light, I question myself about possible lavender...Which both boys have in their heritage. I have pure lav's, but sometimes these colors can be 'sneaky' on me...especially on project birds
big_smile.png
I appreciate all the awesome info and kind comments. Believe I will try both boys on solid blue girls and solid black ladies too?? (Suggestions)...I'm interested to see how the 'calico' boys color will produce. Have you ran across this in any of your previous d'uccle breedings or current danvers?? He's so odd, but has great beard/muffs and excellent feet...would be a shame (impo) to not use him??

nope not yet.

Yes the recessive colors can sneak up on you if the right combos hit. But on the lavender, both parents have to have it for the offspring to show it. And I wasnt thinking earlier about it, but you'll never have red on a lavender based bird, it will always get bleached out...so we can rule that out for sure.

If you continue over solid colored girls, it's going to remove the mottling from their chicks. It takes both parents on that too for the mottling to show. But it may help show the base color.
If you have girls like that "calico" one...I'd breed to them and see if it will breed true, or if you end up getting some blue mottled and some blue mille

I have blue/blk mottles as well as splash girls. Should I go this route? THe chicks are to young to breed yet, so that's not an option...Thoughts ??
hu.gif
I would like to continue working with both B-n-B colorations...if possible.

I was wondering have the mille fleur and silver quail been accepted to the ABA yet ? I have some really nice ones I was wondering if they could be shown.

Thanks.

Quote:
I am glad to hear that, I wanted to ask you about them several times, but I didn't know if is ok with you to ask. Thank you for letting me know.

here's what they grew up to be, very nice if you ask me

well this one is

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii168/BoggyBottomBantams/Chickens/dAnver/IMG_0702.jpg

This is the other one....attacking the camera hahahahaha

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii168/BoggyBottomBantams/Chickens/IMG_0692.jpg
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii168/BoggyBottomBantams/Chickens/IMG_0689.jpg

They are beautiful. Thank you for posting the photos.

Quote:
nope not yet.

Yes the recessive colors can sneak up on you if the right combos hit. But on the lavender, both parents have to have it for the offspring to show it. And I wasnt thinking earlier about it, but you'll never have red on a lavender based bird, it will always get bleached out...so we can rule that out for sure.

If you continue over solid colored girls, it's going to remove the mottling from their chicks. It takes both parents on that too for the mottling to show. But it may help show the base color.
If you have girls like that "calico" one...I'd breed to them and see if it will breed true, or if you end up getting some blue mottled and some blue mille

I have blue/blk mottles as well as splash girls. Should I go this route? THe chicks are to young to breed yet, so that's not an option...Thoughts ??
hu.gif

If you want to continue with mottled birds, you'll have too. BUT if you go with the solids, the chicks wont be mottled but will be split, so if you breed them back together or to another mottled, the mottling will come back out then.

You might want to try the mille looking one back over an normal mille hen. If they come out 50% mille and 50% blue mille, then you will know for sure he was just a blue mille, would help narrow down any genetics questions on him at least.

Quote:
Milles have always been in, well for many decades at least.. no the silvers arent but are still being shown and are in the works for getting recognised.
Some times , haha, it doesnt matter, heard of a goldneck winning at a Texas show... they dang sure aint in the ABA.

No problem on the pics Arianna

Last edited:
Thanks for you help. Honestly, everytime people see them they make a huge fuss over them on how good they look so I thought I may start showing them. I have been wanting to start showing and I think these may be the ones to do it with. These are wonderful birds thanks again for the oppurtunity to get these. They look amazing. I have to admitt that I even make a fuss over them almost every time I go out to feed.

Thanks again

Quote:
hu.gif

If you want to continue with mottled birds, you'll have too. BUT if you go with the solids, the chicks wont be mottled but will be split, so if you breed them back together or to another mottled, the mottling will come back out then.

You might want to try the mille looking one back over an normal mille hen. If they come out 50% mille and 50% blue mille, then you will know for sure he was just a blue mille, would help narrow down any genetics questions on him at least.

Thanks Aubrey, I have some idea of where to go with them (genetically) now...Appreciate all your time and help!

My 2 little babies from the hatchery are 18 weeks today!!! My little Roo started trying to crow this morning, it didn't bother him a bit that I was standing there cheering him on!! He just kept trying. LOL Love it!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom