Dark Brahma vs White Leghorn

Where in the world are you located? What other breeds do you have? Are you looking for egg laying, meat, pets?
In us, tn. Something that is easier to take care of and will provide a decent amount of eggs, don’t really care for meat, and if they are calm, I don’t mind keeping them until death, or old age.

That's all very dependent on what you enjoy. Different people enjoy different things. If you'd like a bird that is slightly more independent, leghorns might best. If you'd like a friendlier chicken brahma is slightly better. In addition, you need to know what you're looking for in a bird. Do you like high egg production, are you OK with broody hens, what's your climate like

In us, tn. Something that is easier to take care of and will provide a decent amount of eggs, don’t really care for meat, and if they are calm, I don’t mind keeping them until death, or old age.
Leghorns will lay more eggs. Brahmas are calmer. You might try something in between, like penciled Plymouth rocks. Same color pattern as dark Brahmas, but better layers and they have clean legs, so you don't have to worry about them getting muddy.

Leghorns will lay more eggs. Brahmas are calmer. You might try something in between, like penciled Plymouth rocks. Same color pattern as dark Brahmas, but better layers and they have clean legs, so you don't have to worry about them getting muddy.
You trying to break the bank with a rare breed? lol , jk. They do look really nice. I have experience with brahmas before, but I am looking to add white egg layers to the current flock, and I’ve heard that you can’t beat leghorns.

You trying to break the bank with a rare breed? lol , jk. They do look really nice. I have experience with brahmas before, but I am looking to add white egg layers to the current flock, and I’ve heard that you can’t beat leghorns.
As layers, nope, can't beat Leghorns. But they usually aren't calm. Very flighty, so you either need to clip one wing of each or have a covered run. Or free range.

As layers, nope, can't beat Leghorns. But they usually aren't calm. Very flighty, so you either need to clip one wing of each or have a covered run. Or free range.
Well the local co-op is bringing in some chicks, and I wanna get some before they run out. For this run it’s, Dominiques, red and black sex link, gold wyandottes, dark Brahma and leghorn. I think I’m going to get a equal amount of brahmas and leghorns. How many? Well we will see how I feel when I see the cute chicks.

Back
Top Bottom