Dark Brahma x Blue Ameraucana cross?

I have a pullet who I think is a brahma ameraucana cross . She is lower on the pecking order and very cold hardy. But not much of a forager.

Am. roo x Dark Brahma hen

I am breeding these mixes now! Was wondering about the egg color and appearance as adults. Mine are actually from a light brahma crossed with red/brown Ameracaunas!

I've also been playing around with the brahma/aeracana cross. For my genetic line, I have a light brahma rooster, and a brown aeracana hen. I had a bad hatch rate from the 10 eggs I collected. Only 2 survived, and by some miracle.... it was a rooster and a hen.

I love how the genetics passed on to the kids. The light brahma rooster dominance was strong, yet from the mid section, to the tail... is the color pattern of a typical aeracana. Except.... instead of brown feathers, they're black and white. This photo is of the 3 chicks that made it. One is a pure "light brahma" chick, and the two behind it, are the cross.

All have feathered feet, and they've gotten much bigger. I'll reply with more pictures tomorrow after work.

Second picture is me holding the brahma chick. She's quite the cuddle bug hahahahaha. :)

Third picture is a still shot from the video I had uploaded on my facebook.. showing the coloration of the 2 hybrid chicks. One male and one female. I'm hoping to be able to breed them. Does anyone know if their eggs would be fertile?? I also plan on getting more hatching eggs from the same parents that these two came from so I can do some breeding with a few different lines of the same type of birds.
20180921_101014[1].jpg
46513588_10218302980943110_4737147141334499328_n.jpg
brahmacana.jpg

I have a pullet that is from a Light Brahma hen and a Lavender Ameraucana Roo (Not sure what all went into making the roo as some genetic differences have popped up as a surprise). She's really pretty. She hasn't started laying yet. She has the look of a Brahma (coloring, feathered feet, etc) and the face of an Ameraucana. So cute and sweet.

0826190916.jpg
0826190852-1.jpg
0826190852-1.jpg
My broody is sitting on some eggs from my Dark Brahma rooster over my Blue Ameraucana hen. Has anybody ever had this cross? Any pictures?

The chicks are due on the 28th but I'd love to see some pics of what to expect...
I have a cross from a blue Americauna rooster and an orange/ gold Brahma hen
0826190852-1.jpg
0826190852-1.jpg
0826190916.jpg

Back
Top Bottom