Dark Brahmas, 8 months old

AubriD

Hatching
Jun 30, 2017
I have 5 dark Brahmas. They are 8 months old and still not laying. They were born in June of 2017. I know they are a slow maturing bird but I read that they should start laying around 28 weeks, which would have been mid to late December. Not sure if it has something to do with the season. We are in south Florida so we don't have a big change in seasons. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!

My brahmas were hatched in May of last year and only just started laying. It has to do with the days having gotten shorter for winter, and now they're getting longer again. Its not really the temp changes that cause this, its the length of day. They should probably start popping out those eggs soon.

My brahmas were hatched in May of last year and only just started laying. It has to do with the days having gotten shorter for winter, and now they're getting longer again. Its not really the temp changes that cause this, its the length of day. They should probably start popping out those eggs soon.
Fingers crossed! Glad yours are finally laying!

Back
Top Bottom