Dark Egg Breeds Thread

OMG. These eggs are so gorgeous, these hens are so beautiful, I can't take it.
th.gif

Just wondering if anyone that sales or buys eggs and has them shipped to you ever dips the eggs before shipping, or after arriving. I believe this year I had disease showup from shipped eggs and they were not dipped. I know some use Oxine and some use Tektrol with water as a dip. Anyone like to comment. Don

Last edited:
Quote:
With dirty eggs I use TecTrol I don't see any difference in the hatch rate just the smell and you can buy the aerosol spray for the top of the incubator...Turkey eggs are the worst I dip all of those. I can't explain the smell good though without the TecTrol it's a sour smell not rotten.

Quote:
I can say if you buy eggs from Wynette, you will be getting hardy bloodlines as the weak will not live where the eggs are coming from. Don

lol.png
I have some SPPR's from her, just not any olive eggers..........yet.
big_smile.png
All of her birds are gorgeous.

Quote:
I have not done it yet, but I think I may start. I would use tiamulin (Denegard), if I do.

Kathy, is Denagard supposed to kill these germs also ? I suppose you could as the tylan powder has been used to dip eggs. I know people that have used both Oxine and Tektrol and they are disenfectants. Don

Back
Top Bottom