Dark liquidy poop

I just want to ask, have you noticed any behavioral changes, like lethargy, depression, not being very energetic, getting tired more easily?

Usually with infections, coccidia, and other parasites it effects their behavior because of malabsorption of nutrients, pain, and feeling ill.

I just want to ask, have you noticed any behavioral changes, like lethargy, depression, not being very energetic, getting tired more easily?

Usually with infections, coccidia, and other parasites it effects their behavior because of malabsorption of nutrients, pain, and feeling ill.
No change in his behavior that I can tell. That was one of the things I checked for with the symptoms of the things you listed. Stills eats and drinks good and is active.

Well if he’s not felling ill that’s a good sign.
Doesn’t act like he’s feeling bad but you never know. That’s why I wasn’t sure about the runny poop and it was very dark about 3-4 days ago. I should’ve taken picture of it but didn’t think of it due to worrying about his hip thing and stance. I’ve been wrapping for his Angel wing and one wing looks great! The other one being a bit stubborn. Guess all I can do is watch his poop and take a look at the diseases/ailnesses you posted in meantime.

Doesn’t act like he’s feeling bad but you never know. That’s why I wasn’t sure about the runny poop and it was very dark about 3-4 days ago. I should’ve taken picture of it but didn’t think of it due to worrying about his hip thing and stance. I’ve been wrapping for his Angel wing and one wing looks great! The other one being a bit stubborn. Guess all I can do is watch his poop and take a look at the diseases/ailnesses you posted in meantime.
Well if he’s not felling ill that’s a good sign.
Wanted to ask-I’m getting the dewormer and on the fendbendazole it says not to give to pet poultry that is growing new feathers? My goslings are still growing their feathers. Any thoughts on this?

Wanted to ask-I’m getting the dewormer and on the fendbendazole it says not to give to pet poultry that is growing new feathers? My goslings are still growing their feathers. Any thoughts on this?
Fenbendazole has been linked to causing stress bars in feathers during Feather development. To my knowledge there’s no known proof that it was caused by fenbendazole and not the illness “worms” itself, but the possibility does exist. Sometimes when parasites are dying their bodies also release toxic chemicals into their hosts body which can cause problems also.

That being said though it is a wormer, and wormers aren’t exactly healthy. They are essentially small doses of poison, though fenbendazole is reported to have low toxicity to most animals and is generally safe unless kidney and liver problems are present.

If it does effect the feathers you might get a few lines in the feathers but they’ll return to normal next season. Even without giving fenbendazole you might get a few raggedy feathers and occasional stress bars anyway, first year feathers are a little strange sometimes because their bodies are devoting energy and nutrients into growing their body and their feathers all at once rather than just their feathers.

Fenbendazole has been linked to causing stress bars in feathers during Feather development. To my knowledge there’s no known proof that it was caused by fenbendazole and not the illness “worms” itself, but the possibility does exist. Sometimes when parasites are dying their bodies also release toxic chemicals into their hosts body which can cause problems also.

That being said though it is a wormer, and wormers aren’t exactly healthy. They are essentially small doses of poison, though fenbendazole is reported to have low toxicity to most animals and is generally safe unless kidney and liver problems are present.

If it does effect the feathers you might get a few lines in the feathers but they’ll return to normal next season. Even without giving fenbendazole you might get a few raggedy feathers and occasional stress bars anyway, first year feathers are a little strange sometimes because their bodies are devoting energy and nutrients into growing their body and their feathers all at once rather than just their feathers.
Ok thank you-

Has he had any dark droppings since?
They are a medium light brown now but still a little loose. I’m going to worm him this evening. His behavior hasn’t changed so that’s a good sign I think. He still does his little head shaking but not sure what I can do about that. I need to read over all the info you posted again about the different meds and illnesses.

They are a medium light brown now but still a little loose. I’m going to worm him this evening. His behavior hasn’t changed so that’s a good sign I think. He still does his little head shaking but not sure what I can do about that. I need to read over all the info you posted again about the different meds and illnesses.
How much does he weigh?

Back
Top Bottom