Dark red lump under wing

Last week I found a sore on one of mine. I cleaned it up and pulled this out of her chest. She is doing fine today. I don't understand why people think they need to kill everything when they hit a bump in the

road.That dark scab was showing through the chest skin. I started cleaning up some pus and it lead to this. I used tweezers and pulled it out.The last picture was two days ago as it is healing up. I keep it moist with Triple Antibiotic.
IMG_2622.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2625.jpg
    IMG_2625.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2628.jpg
    IMG_2628.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2637.jpg
    IMG_2637.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 13
Last week I found a sore on one of mine. I cleaned it up and pulled this out of her chest. She is doing fine today. I don't understand why people think they need to kill everything when they hit a bump in the

road.That dark scab was showing through the chest skin. I started cleaning up some pus and it lead to this. I used tweezers and pulled it out.The last picture was two days ago as it is healing up. I keep it moist with Triple Antibiotic. View attachment 3804843
What on earth is that?

I just don't want my chickens to suffer as much as they can before they die. I've tried to keep a few alive and they ended up suffering as much as they possibly could before they eventually died. So now I err on the side of caution.

What on earth is that?

I just don't want my chickens to suffer as much as they can before they die. I've tried to keep a few alive and they ended up suffering as much as they possibly could before they eventually died. So now I err on the side of caution.
She didn’t seem to mind, was just walking around eating and drinking.
Didn’t really move much when I was working on her.
I find they enjoy being alive vs dead when they have the option.
If there is a supreme power, I let them make the decision not me.
Another example was one that wAs shot with a 9mm through both side of her chest and through the liver.
I was going to put her down but she kept fighting. Giant hole in her chest, it healed too.

She didn’t seem to mind, was just walking around eating and drinking.
Didn’t really move much when I was working on her.
I find they enjoy being alive vs dead when they have the option.
If there is a supreme power, I let them make the decision not me.
Another example was one that wAs shot with a 9mm through both side of her chest and through the liver.
I was going to put her down but she kept fighting. Giant hole in her chest, it healed too.
Amen!!

I can't tell a lot from your picture... what I can see is that the "lump" looks like bare, pink skin and elongated? My 9 month old Orpington had a similar looking protrusion of pink skin, but hers was just above her cloaca. I took her to an avian vet who said it was a hernia. He did surgery on it, pushing it back in and sewing it up. Not sure if this is what your hen has?

Back
Top Bottom