Dark spot on duck egg! Pleas help!

I'm finding out it can be stressful hatching ducklings! When mine were due to hatch I was dreaming about them every night lol. Two out of the three that lived I had to help out of the shell they had pipped for over 30 hours with no progress and the membrane was dry and stuck to them. They would have never gotten out on their own.the rest of them never even pipped. After a couple days mom give up on them so I investigated by breaking them open where the air sac should be and found six of them had internally pipped and looked perfect but had not absorbed the yolk sac or externally pipped.so sad! Does anyone know what causes this?

I'm finding out it can be stressful hatching ducklings! When mine were due to hatch I was dreaming about them every night lol. Two out of the three that lived I had to help out of the shell they had pipped for over 30 hours with no progress and the membrane was dry and stuck to them. They would have never gotten out on their own.the rest of them never even pipped. After a couple days mom give up on them so I investigated by breaking them open where the air sac should be and found six of them had internally pipped and looked perfect but had not absorbed the yolk sac or externally pipped.so sad! Does anyone know what causes this?
@RavynFallen

It's day 29 and the two bruised eggs haven't done anything, should I make a hole in the air cell and check if the baby is even alive.

It looks like it tried to pip, I don't hear any peeping or see any movement though. I put some vasiline on the exposed membrane so it doesn't get too dry.

As for this little one, he's doing great! You can definitely see the Swedish in him. :D

Super cute!! Congrats!!

I would candle and check for movement first...
x3

But I also thought that the one above (the cute lil fluffy butt) was a bruised egg?

I opened the air cell of the two bruised ones. Both were dead, the membrane was dry and there was no movement. I looked at the pipped one, he wasn't moving in his shell either so I made the choice to open his air cell, He was dead too. And he was a light blue color too.:hit

Back
Top Bottom