Dark spot on duck egg! Pleas help!

It's getting late. I might stay up a bit longer but I'll have an update by tomorrow. Again thank you so much.:)

Get rest, you need it... :hugs

Very welcome, but I didn't do much... others were giving very sound advice already... just glad you were weeding through all the rest to get it... :)

Sorry for the late update, it looks like the other egg is upside down too. Should I make a tiny hole in the air cell of the two first upside down ones so they have air or just wait?
The assisted pipped one seems to have ripped his own membrane, I don't see and blood. It's been about 26 hours since I helped him externally pip. I'm going to check him again and see if he's still yawning or trying to wiggle out of his shell.

Sorry for the late update, it looks like the other egg is upside down too. Should I make a tiny hole in the air cell of the two first upside down ones so they have air or just wait?
The assisted pipped one seems to have ripped his own membrane, I don't see and blood. It's been about 26 hours since I helped him externally pip. I'm going to check him again and see if he's still yawning or trying to wiggle out of his shell.
have they internally pipped?

ETA, the other one sounds like he is doing very well!! congrats!

Last edited:
The bruising on your eggs could also have been cause by a toenail nicking a vein, so I would not start making holes in the eggs.

The bruising on your eggs could also have been cause by a toenail nicking a vein, so I would not start making holes in the eggs.

X2

If they're trying to pip wrong end, the bruise is usually circular or only slightly oval shaped, with yellow staining around it...

If they aren't internally pipped, safe holes have no use yet... I would just wait...

He's squirming and peeping a lot but still yawning, should I peel back a bit of membrane?

Back
Top Bottom