Dark spot on duck egg! Pleas help!

Welcome to the world little guy/girl

When I checked him he was squirming and peeping like mad. I didn't notice any yawning and it was about 36 hours after pip. I decided that he was ready and carefully chipped the shell and membrane away. It took forever but I finally got it to wear he could pop his little head out.
Some of the membrane was stuck to him.

Last edited:
So did your "bruised" eggs hatch? The suspense is killing me!lol. I saw something like that on one of my call duck eggs but I let the momma sit her own eggs. I only got three ducklings out of 13 eggs,not sure what went wrong she seemed to be doing a great job. She has laid 12 eggs now and been sitting them for a few days so will see what happens this round!

Oh sorry! I guess I jumped the gun and didn't read all the way to the end of the thread! Congrats on your new duckie!

Welcome to the world little guy/girl

When I checked him he was squirming and peeping like mad. I didn't notice any yawning and it was about 36 hours after pip. I decided that he was ready and carefully chipped the shell and membrane away. It took forever but I finally got it to wear he could pop his little head out.
Some of the membrane was stuck to him.

Yay!!! Awesome job!!!
:celebrate

It looks like it tried to pip, I don't hear any peeping or see any movement though. I put some vasiline on the exposed membrane so it doesn't get too dry.

As for this little one, he's doing great! You can definitely see the Swedish in him. :D

It looks like it tried to pip, I don't hear any peeping or see any movement though. I put some vasiline on the exposed membrane so it doesn't get too dry.

As for this little one, he's doing great! You can definitely see the Swedish in him. :D

:weee :love beautiful little 'ling.
(kinda partial to Swedish anyway, as I have 11 of them!)
Congratulations!

As for this little one, he's doing great! You can definitely see the Swedish in him.
big_smile.png

Adorable duckling! I hope the others do as well, and with less drama. While they do tend to rest quite a long while after pipping, my experience is that if you watch intently for an hour (incubator TV) then you *should* see or hear some activity. Things don't always go as hoped and it's never fun when an otherwise perfect appearing baby fails to hatch, but it's part of the uncertainty of hatching.

:love
Beautiful little duckling!!

The egg is a wrong ender, yes? Unfortunately, some of those suffocate before we can help them... if it doesn't make it, it is not your fault... :fl

I'm finding out it can be stressful hatching ducklings! When mine were due to hatch I was dreaming about them every night lol. Two out of the three that lived I had to help out of the shell they had pipped for over 30 hours with no progress and the membrane was dry and stuck to them. They would have never gotten out on their own.the rest of them never even pipped. After a couple days mom give up on them so I investigated by breaking them open where the air sac should be and found six of them had internally pipped and looked perfect but had not absorbed the yolk sac or externally pipped.so sad! Does anyone know what causes this?

Back
Top Bottom