darn chickens threw my back out

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by fishnet1971, Jul 7, 2011.

1. trying to please them. Lately we have had some mud from rain and from me watering my gardens and such. The Fluffy Butts just kept complaining about it, and finally gave me an ultimateum. FIX it or NO eggs.

I had some left over flagg stone from my watergarden that i put in, so I thought maybe i could make a little walkway or 'landing' to keep everyone out the mud when coming in and out of the pen. The ground is on a slope, so I knew I would either have to step it or smooth it out. I stepped it down for the gate. I finished it around 8 last night except for the final wipe down so the stone surface shows nicely, and the first thing that happened when all the babies came home from their early evening romp in the yard????

Bird walked over it, looked around at it, then pooped on it.

Guess I got his approval?????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Shikens!

Shikens! Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Um, that SUCKS. But it looks purdy. [​IMG] My fiance threw his back out Tuesday morning after his shower. He said he leaned down to dry his toes and *POP*. Been in bed ever since. I once threw my back out simply picking up my hair brush...

I am a firm believer that the back is tied into super high tech stress signals in the body and it goes out precisely when you need to take a break and spend a week in bed doing nothing... not really. But it does seem to go out in the middle of very busy times at the least opportune moment.

Hope you feel better soon!

3. I just let them walk all over my back this morning, scratch at my shirt and preen my hair as I was flat out on my stomach on the grass and it made me feel much better.... [​IMG]
    na, really, my DH is great with his hands and can put it right back in place. A few tylenol, be careful for the day or two and I am good to go. Just wanted to show off their new landing. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  4. specklesmom

specklesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Texas
    You did a great job! It looks very nice and will surely help with the mud problem.

5. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    Very pretty!
    I figure if they poop they like it. I've seen birds not poo when they are scared....so they aren't scared!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by