Darn City People Breeding More Hawks

I think the birds can adapt given a little time. I would allow experiment to go 20 years or so to see if bird number around turbines comes up.

When if comes to bird feeders, I would look into making so the songbirds have more cover. It will not completely stop losses but would promote a more pleasant new normal.

I think the birds can adapt given a little time. I would allow experiment to go 20 years or so to see if bird number around turbines comes up.

Can't imagine how they can adapt. Avoiding a turbine blade bearing down on them at 100-175 mph from above while they are scanning the ground for prey is really impossible. If the trend continues at the same rate for another 20 years that would be a 94% reduction. That's nearly extinction, at least locally.

Because hunting on the ground is how they do it. Adapt or die because humans are the most important species.

Can't imagine how they can adapt. Avoiding a turbine blade bearing down on them at 100-175 mph from above while they are scanning the ground for prey is really impossible. If the trend continues at the same rate for another 20 years that would be a 94% reduction. That's nearly extinction, at least locally.

The Solar power plants that use mirrors to concentrate the Sun's rays and produce steam are even more deadly for birds. When birds fly through the beams of light they literally catch fire and burn to death while still alive. It is so common that there is now a descriptive term for this, these birds are called COMMETS.

Back
Top Bottom