Darn dog!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by chicknduck, Nov 19, 2012.

1. chicknduck

chicknduck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    Ohio

• I am so freaking upset right now...... I need to scream!!!
      My neighbors dogs showed up in my yard again caused a fight. I called my 3 dogs off only to find that they killed my chickens 12 missing and atleast 5 dead. Please lord help me not freak out and give me the strength to be calm. My kids are so upset. The dog came down 3 weeks ago and attacked my dog and after nursing her back to health now this. I was accepting of the first incedent because I have dogs and know things happen but if my dog went in someones yard and attacked their dog for no reason I would put it down but after this , I will not be as understanding ever again.

2. Y N dottes

Y N dottes Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    South Central WI
    i'm so sorry...i know i would be ticked if such a thing happened to me.
    I hate when ppl own dogs that could cause harm and can't control them.....i mean, sometimes dogs are dogs and i understand that 2 different dogs may want to start a fight or whatever, but this is unacceptable.

3. RedJungleFowl

RedJungleFowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2012
    Cailfornia
    i would kill that dog

1 person likes this.
  4. chicknduck

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    They are sorry and want to pay to replace the chickens but money doesnt make it any better. The time invested in raising them is what takes the most. Plus how upset the kids are. It is a dangerous dog and I made it perfectly clear that I do not want to see it ever again. I also made it clear that I do not want any drama or conflict and we are adults that can handle the situation without getting all crazy. I am wwwaaayyyy to nice sometimes. It is hard being a responcible grown up. But I have to set a good example for the kids. And they are nice people. I will be ready to protect them if there is a next time. But I hope it does not come to that.

5. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    [​IMG]

6. RedJungleFowl

RedJungleFowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2012
    Cailfornia
    i really hate replace it cause it not the same u just get a feel that u wise your old one would be here

7. chicknduck

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    The really rough part is that Beaker is missing. She was a golden Lace Polish chick that we had at 1 day old and we never expected her to make it but she was amazing and friendly to. She is 7 months old and hops up on our shoulder everytime we go to see her. I hope she shows up. Thanks for the support chicken people are soooo nice. [​IMG]

8. ChickensRDinos

ChickensRDinos Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Hopefully the missing ones got scared and are hiding. My leghorn disappeared for three days after a dog incident and just when I was certain she was dead, she showed back up like nothing had happened.

Sorry for your loss. Good luck.

9. ladybirdb12

ladybirdb12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2012
    I am so sorry that everything went wrong and you, your kids lost your birds.but you are lucky having a nice neighbor, that is trying to work out the damage.
    My neighbor five years of telling her to keep her roaming dogs in her land cost me my best friend golden retriever of 12 years, she laughs at me knowing her dog killed mine. So I know this is very hard for your family, but you are so lucky to have a neighbor that is nice.
    I am to a very nice person, my husband and I helped this mean person, fixing her fence and all.BUT SHE WAS TO LAZY TO SHUT HER GATE.
    so sorry about your chickens.

10. chicknduck

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    Yes, my neighbor is nice. She called again tonight to see how the kids were. It was her husband who left the dogs out because they didnt come when he called and he had to be somewhere. I feel bad because they fought and she is so sad, she is an animal lover. Has goats and horses and also has grown kids that went thru 4 h and she does just feel so bad. She is a teacher and is great with my kids and has been so welcoming since we bought the place. I am greatful that they are good people and want to make things right. I just hope my beaker comes back. Money doesnt make everything better. Sometimes people just need to prevent things from happening.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by