Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
They went from this:

DSCF0948.jpg

To this in a few weeks:
DSCF1186.jpg

9 weeks old... sniffle!

Now those are some beauties!
They grow up so fast, don't they? Next they'll be asking to stay out past curfew...asking to borrow the car keys.....

They don't ask anymore...they've learned how to pick the lock on their cage door, so they got to stay out past curfew last night! lol!

First time I've been this hands on with the upbringing. I'm sad to say I'm actually going to miss them going to the big flock. They'll be fine, plus I'll have new babies in a matter of days hatching.

Thank you for the compliments!

I've raised many, many birds, but these two kind of latched on...

I took "The Twins" back to OK today. They integrated immediately into the flock. No fighting, no pushing, no intimidation. I do so love my Langshans...

I had to tuck them into bed myself, but I always expect that with new birds in a new place.

what breed are they because my chicks looked just like that and they are IDENTICAL to the latest picture x x
big_smile.png

Chicken1" :

what breed are they because my chicks looked just like that and they are IDENTICAL to the latest picture x x
big_smile.png

My birds are Langshans. They should have more leg feathering on their legs, but lucky me just found out they've been pecking their own leg feathers. A quick spritz of spray and they've stopped that. Hopefully it was from boredom.

If yours don't have leg feathers, they could be:

Australorps
Jersey Giants (the underside of the foot should be yellow)
Black Plymouth Rocks
Black Minorcas (will have white earlobes)

If yours do have feathers on their legs:

Cochins
Langshans
Black Brahma (will have pea comb)​

Back
Top Bottom