darnit Sourland!

Go ahead, go ahead, dole out the blame. My back may be bent
old.gif
, but my shoulders are broad. Please remember-- it's my "calling." Gritty told me so.
cool.png

Quote:
aaaaww
hugs.gif

we love you sourland!

even if we do blame you for everything

now where's em.
i've an epic super villain battle to start with her

I had one hatch out a few days ago. She would bite but only bruised, never drew blood. Not that the site of blood bothers me, even if it is my own. And the bruises get lost in all the scars on my hands anyway.

This broody has personality. She attacks the feed bucket if it gets close to her chicks. I've got some 8 week old brooder raised chicks free ranging with the flock. That broody has taken out a few beeksful of feathers from them, sometimes leaving her chicks to go get the 8 week old ones. They do respect her.

This vicious little broody was at the bottom of the pecking order before she became broody. Such a mild sweet thing. And lays green eggs.

22249_broody.jpg

Quote:
Shes laying eggs every 2-3 days.
When we had a storm last week I forgot to lock the chickens up and there she was standing outside in the rain and she looked like a drowned rat!
roll.png

I still can't find any darn Ameraucana Roos!
hmm.png

I am sure in the fall you would be able to get some since the breeders usually cull out the flock to keep the offsprings.

I know Christie should have some in the fall, I've been patiently waiting for some culled pullets from her lavender/black Amerc flock.

Have you contacted the ABC forum about wanting a rooster? It's a start!

Back
Top Bottom