daughter keeps a headache since she gave birth 2 weeks ago

Many times thats dehydration, she lost a lot of fluids and salts, and now she needs to replace them, drink lots of water and to get the salts, per example orange and other juices.
Good luck for her.

She should really tell the doctor, because her blood pressure could be up. Plus, who wants to have a headache for weeks at a time?! Just convince her to at least call in and see what the doc says.......Poor thing! How can she enjoy the baby when she's got a headache?

Good luck and congrats Grandma!

Perfectly normal, tell her it's probably going to persist for at least the next 18 years and will peak in intensity somewhere between the baby's 13th and 17th birthdays.
lau.gif

Seriously though, it would be a good idea for her to get it checked out. Dehydration is a good possibility, blood pressure related to stress if the baby is difficult is another real possibility but it's better safe than sorry no matter the reason. Happy mamas make for happy babies, tell her she needs to take care of herself first or she won't be able to take care of baby.

If she recieved an epidural than it could be from that. Ask her if it feels better if she lays flat on her back. If it does she really does need to go to the doctor!

Missi

Her baby was 10 weeks early. she wasnt able to get an epideral thuogh she really wanted one... no time... we thought it could be stress we have had several emrgancies in our imediate family in the past 4 weeks butnow i am not sure that the problem. she said she would call the doctor but i am not sure she will

Did some research on the internet about her condition. Please read the entries below to her and maybe she'll be more apt to call her GP. It would be pretty silly of her to not get properly evaluated and die of a blot clot in the brain and leave a baby behind. Hope she takes this more seriously.
fl.gif

"the reason that proper assessment is important after childbirth is that certain conditions such as a blood clot in one of the main veins in the brain, a tear in an artery or a problem in the pituitary gland are much commoner after childbirth than at other times."

"get a full neurological examination as soon as possible including examination of the optic fundi...this means that someone looks into your eyes using a machine called an ophthalmoscope to check for signs of raised pressure in the head. Checking the pupils with a regular flashlight is important, but actually looking at the back of the eyes (the retina) is critical for proper assessment of anyone with headache, especially after childbirth."

Might just be calcium deficiency. Liquid calcuim from your healthfood store is recommended by my wife.

One year ago today, our DD was born right here at home. Our midwife recommended this for wife for her headaches, then we started brewing tea from horsetail leaf, nettle, raspberry leaf, alfalfa (vitamin K) and mint for flavor. The tea did wonders. (I know, this is strange for a man to post on this, but I care.)

Back
Top Bottom