Daughter screaming from her room...spider in her bed.

Quote:
okay, i liked the first one better
hide.gif

I work outdoors and am constantly around spiders so I am not bothered by them at all but my wife... if she sees it she will have me or the boys kill it every time. She opens her sleeping bag every night when camping before bed you can bet on it.

Banana slugs?!?!
ep.gif
AAAAHH!! I am terrified of slugs
hide.gif
But spiders? Ima "little girl" and they don't bug me at all
smack.gif

ps by "little" I meant 5'2"

I was driving along a river once at about dark and a bat flew in my window and was flying around inside my truck with me. I stopped and let it out so I thought about a 1/2 hour later it was on my dashboard and then it landed on my shoulder and I could feel it climbing up my neck. I stopped very quickly and brushed it off me out the door. I was fine with it until I felt his little claws on his wings grabbing the hair on the back of my neck.

Last edited:
At this time of year in Florida I get spider silk on me every single morning when I'm out doing the chores. Once in a while a newcomer spider comes along that doesn't know yet not to build her web in my traffic area and I collect her web and sometimes her too when I walk through it. I really hate it when I get sticky spider silk in my hair as it's a nuisance to comb out. I am not afraid of spiders.

But my daughters sure are and I'd like to know who taught them to be so I could kick them in the pants.

A.T. Hagan :

At this time of year in Florida I get spider silk on me every single morning when I'm out doing the chores. Once in a while a newcomer spider comes along that doesn't know yet not to build her web in my traffic area and I collect her web and sometimes her too when I walk through it. I really hate it when I get sticky spider silk in my hair as it's a nuisance to comb out. I am not afraid of spiders.

But my daughters sure are and I'd like to know who taught them to be so I could kick them in the pants.

Sheesh, in this region if you tried to do anything at all without a spider-pal hitching a ride, you'd be in the house all the time. I can't take a step without 'finding' one, like you.

I am super-dorky and wear a headlamp when I work outside at night, and it looks like there are little diamonds in the grass all around from their lovely little eye glittering back at me. I adore the amazing little things. This was the way I shifted my daughters' fears to wonder, along with the idea of putting empty painting frames on stakes and strings around the yard near solar lights or with solar string lights strung around them. Spiders naturally choose this as a great location for a web and then you have a lovely framed art piece you won't accidentally walk through.​

Back
Top Bottom