Dave27889 is home and doing better. Thanks to all!

dave27889

Songster
12 Years
Apr 27, 2007
Washington, NC
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.
Your thoughts and prayers were great. I want to thank you all for the thoughts and prayers you gave on my behalf. I also want to thank God for the strength he gave me during this time of hardship. I know more troubleing times are on their way but with his help and strength I know I will get through it all.
I have been haveing a very tough battle with several types of illness. Diabeties, blood infection, penumonia and a failed 5 level spinal fusion. Everything just came together at once to kick my butt. I am better but not well by far. I have the penumonia and blood infection gone. It has left me weak and a little winded. The Diabeties is under control and I have given up on SWEET ICED TEA. I love it but it almost killed me. My blood sugar was 800 in the ER when I went in the first day. My blood sugar is now 130 and holding well.
The back is a completly different thing. I am through testing except for one last disc test. It is called a discogram. I will be having it in about 2 weeks. They are trying to pinpoint my worst back and leg pain and this is suppose to be the last test before surgery. I am going to have to have all the old fusion and the broken screws, rods and other metal removed from my lower back and then clean up the disc at L1 through S1. they are then going to put in cages, screws, rods and other pieces to refuse my spine. They are also going to clean up some narrowing in my mid and lower back to let the spinal fluid flow like it is suppose to. I will be in a body cast for about 2 to 3 months and in a hospital bed at home. The surgery will take over 8 hours to do and I will be in the hospital for about a wek and a half. I will go home in the body cast and be in the hospitalbed for a bout the 2 or 3 moths. I will then start rehab at home and then move on to rehab at the rehab center I just left from.
I had a similar operation 4 years ago and I know kinda what is going on. It still scares me though. I am now 50 years old and in a lot worse health. I also died on the table last time for about 3 to 4 minutes. I know nothing about what went on. I just thank God I came back. I have a wife and 3 kids and yes I want to go to Heaven but not just this minute unless God really needs me. This is something that has been really working on me and I just had to let you guys know how much you mean to me a people in my situation.
I DO HAVE GOOD NEWS. I have finally been approved for disability. It has taken 4 years and my Congressmans involvement but it is done. I still have not received the first check but, the Congressman sent me a copy of the approval letter he got from Soc Sec. Social Security is suppose to be putting me in the system. It only took me being near death, 3 sergeons, 4 MD's , 50 written letters from friends, 4 years of pain and suffering and I don't know how many prayers and Tears to get it. I thank God I finally am going to get it.
Please if you are in the same situation CALL your Congressman, Senator and any other government official you can. It will take a while and lots of letters and phone calls but it worked for me. I have used Lawyers before and have nothing against them but, I needed every penny I was going to get and giving away 25% of it was not in the cards for me.
Thanks for reading this and for all the prayers and love you have given my family and myself. Please if you have similar problems talk about it or write your thoughts down it helps. There are still good people out there and there is help also.
Thanks again, dave27889:)

IT's good to hear you are finally getting the things you deserve and need(Soc.Sec) I'm going in for surgery next month to have my thyroid removed, but it's going to be nowhere near as intense as yours is! I'll be praying for you and your family!!! God Bless!!!!

So glad to know that you are doing better! In my line of work as a Paralegal in worker's comp cases these past 10 yrs, I've definitely seen my share of back injuries, complications with surgeries and how other medical conditions further complicate the main debilitating medical condition. Not too mention how the medical condition affects SO many aspects of your life. Sure hope your diabetes stays under control - you're a stronger person and me to give up sweet tea!

Congratulations on being approved for SS disability - I know how hard that is to accomplish! Our ofc has had many dealings with Soc Sec and had to enlist the help of Congressmen as well. It's pretty bad when you know the Congressman's assistant on a first name basis.
roll.png
It sounds like your docs are going to fix you up in a major way. Sure hope the cages help your back pain - that's a serious surgery. I pray that you will be able to obtain some relief to be able to further enjoy your life.
fl.gif

I'll continue to pray for your upcoming surgery, pain relief and for your diabetes. Keep up the great fight Dave!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate everything. I know I have been through a lot but, there is always someone worse off. I have my family, friends like all of you and I have my faith. Thanks to all, dave27889

Back
Top Bottom