(Day 1) 29-Day Giving Challenge - A place for sharing.

rainplace

Interstellar Duck Academy
10 Years
Jun 23, 2009
Northwestern Washington
This will be the thread where we share our stories about giving to others. If you didn't sign up but would like to participate, please do! If you miss a day, remember that's okay, just go for it the next day! I'll be sending out pm's to everyone who showed interest and hopefully we'll see each other here on or by Sunday, January 31.

Donna

Last edited:
After receiving a few mails, I wanted to clarify... no money is needed to give!

Call that relative/friend that you know wants to hear from you.
Let someone who seems more in a hurry than you, cut in line.
Ask you checkout person about themselves.
Help your child make a card for their favorite teacher.
Give eggs to a person you don't like.
wink.png

Write a letter or card to your neighbor and post it through usps (my neighbor just did that for me... I loved it!)
Invite someone you just met to church or to a movie or to dinner.
Smile at everyone you see when you go to the store.

The list is endless... The point is to give whatever it is you have to give. Some days we have more to give than others, but we always have something.

All those baby clothes you have packed away... give them away.. finally.
Be open to your spouse
wink.png

Play legos/pretend with your child
Listen to youtube with your teenager (their picks)
When you go grocery shopping, pick up one item for the food bank and drop it off.
Help a co-worker who is struggling... one you don't like (<smiles at Debi>)

The point is to give... to be aware of giving... to be in a state of giving... to give

I am in. Way eggcited. Rainplace, thanks for doing this. Out here where I live many folks are rude, crude and down right not nice if you are "from away". You can live here for 50 years, but if you were not born here you are from away. Just being nice to people throws them for a loop. They don't know how to react. Kinda like being nice out of spite.
wink.png

This is going to be fun
wee.gif

Wow, day one has arrived! It's 8 am here in the pacific northwest. I'm going to try to put myself in a state a giving and look for giving opportunities throughout the day. I'll come back later and tell you all how it goes. I'm excited!

Back
Top Bottom