(Day 1) 29-Day Giving Challenge - A place for sharing.

I gave away my first dozen eggs last night:) I actually had to pull 2 of me fresh blue EE eggs to complete it! I was going to incubate them-but this was more important-this thread will remind me of my promise for thenext month-if the girls cooperate. I normaly have dozens of eggs in fridge-this am 5 eggs!

I'm sure glad you posted this Rainplace. I totally lost track of the date. I gave 19 eggs and some bread yesterday to my roommate-to-be because he is out of money til his disablity check comes in... So I am going to see what else I can come up with. If nothing else, maybe giving smiles and hello away to all who pass by the chicken coop today.

I think I would rather start with a bang. Something that lightens my mood and brightens somebody else's, I think.

Last edited:
Just raided the freezer, Zucchini bread, cranberry nut bread and a blueberry/strawberry pie coming up. Now who to give them too..........

I am making my son one of his favorite meals tonight plus baked up some cookies as well. I haven't been real happy with him lately so it is a good start on the giving month.

Today started out pretty rough for me. I've been a sad momma because my middle son left home. I spent the morning crying and moping, giving myself a headache and then remembered at the last minute I needed to be somewhere at 10am.

Bumping this thread up this morning did give me a bit of a boost, put me in a slightly different space.

On they way back home from the appointment I stopped at Albertsons and on a whim bought a few bunches of flowers because they were on sale. My entire mood shifted once I bought the flowers. I hurried back to the car and looked for someone to give a flower bunch to. Spotting a grumpy looking woman about to get in the car I practically leaped over there to smile, push the flowers in her hands, and say, "Happy Sunday! What a wonderful day to smile."
Her face started with a look of confusion, but I held my grin until her eyes lit up and she smiled back. I turned to head back to the car and she said, "Thank you."
I looked back at her, smiled and replied, "You're welcome!"

It was pretty neat to watch her get in her car and drive away while I sat in the car getting ready to drive off. She kept smiling and shaking her head. I think I felt better than she did!

When I got home I took another bunch and laid them on the front porch of a neighbor.

I was so scared when I realized that today was the day to start considering the bad mood I was in and all, but it turned out to be good. I still have half the day left, I wonder what giving opportunities will arrive.

That is wonderful and very inspiring. I headed across the street to give the neighbors the eggs I wanted to start with as soon as I noticed that there car was in the driveway. I knocked twice, but didn't get any answer. I am gonna head out again later today and try again.

Giving is a little bit harder when you rarely leave your house. I think I will have to make a bunch of cards so that I can send some out every once in a while. A stamp is less than 50 cents and I have some laying around somewhere anyway, so money won't be a factor.

Right now, you have inspired me to just get something I want to give away and give it to the next person who walks by the back yard. I sure am glad it is a nice day. Now that was truly a gift for me!

OK, I didn't want to do this, because I was afraid I'd fail at some point. But I'm in, at the last moment.

Today: my hens' beautiful eggs to someone whom I "struggle to appreciate". Let's just say it that way. And, the bonus... the universe gave something back to me. My hen who has not laid in 3 months... LAID an egg, today! Yippee!

Wow everyone!

Damummis did you get the bread and pie made? I drooled wishing I lived closer to be the recipient.
big_smile.png

Weavegarden, did you manage to get the eggs to your neighbors?

WriterofWords, hah! lucky you to have a giving opportunity knock on your front door. You sound as sick as I was recently. Is it still getting worse?

Jojo, it's hard sometimes giving to someone, especially a child, who's not on our good side at the moment. Did you enjoy making it?

Sonew, how many eggs are you getting a day? You gave away some blue ones too... If I had more land I would have so many chickens... lol.

feathersnuggles, I've been afraid this entire time that I wouldn't be able to follow through. That's partly why I decided to get more people involved... to keep my momentum going
wink.png
I loved your "struggle to appreciate" line... I think most of us can relate
wink.png

Reading this thread today has put a big smile on my face. You all are awesome!

Donna

Back
Top Bottom