(Day 1) 29-Day Giving Challenge - A place for sharing.

Quote:
Tomorrow we are going to do kindness rocks for people

Hey Cazyob
welcome-byc.gif

I am Cindy that you mom talks to on the telephone sometimes..... Like a couple of minutes ago.

I am so happy that you are there doing this with her and also with us. This is going to be a lot of fun, don't you think?

It is such a good feeling to do something for someone else. Have fun with the rocks.

jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I dont know some times I might forget but in the end I think it will be a good experience

Quote:
I didn't know you were the one coming I look forward to showing you the ducks

I finally got to deliver my dozen eggs to the neighbors. It was dark, and he couldn't see me, but he finally opened the door. He seemed pleased. Wish I could have seen the kids faces when the see all the green and blue eggs. I hope they enjoy their breakfast tomorrow.

I am so looking forward to this day. I will be going out in the world today, if my body cooperates. I want to do some "random acts of" giving. Rainplace has really inspired me with her story. That has to be kind of creative when you don't often leave the house so consequently don't see many people in the course of a day.

But I think I can do some things on the Internet.
***Maybe something on farmville, fishville, petville or zoo world. Notes of support or gifts to somebody I usually don't gift to.
***I am also getting some eggs ready for giving over the fence to passers-by if the weather holds enough for me to sit outside for a while today.
***The telephone may be a good connection. Complements over the phone are just as sincere as in person.

OK. I am off to find my day.

Oh before I go. I want to ask all of you to keep me in check. I know this topic area is specifically for sharing our experiences with others to help to inspire them in their giving challenge. I do tend to get off topic easily. Because I have some issues with low oxygen, I forget myself a lot. Please feel free to drop reminders to take a conversation to another topic area if it is needed. I won't take offense. Thanks very much.

Last edited:
I posted this in a Random Ramblings thread and Rainplace has encouraged me to post it here too. Sometimes our days aren't all happiness and light. But hopefully giving will make a change in them for the better. So today isn't my perfect day. Here is what I wrote:

Day 2 of the 29 day giving challenge for me today. I am trying to figure out what I want to give today, and what I want to read to get me into a giving mood. I am afraid I need a little bit of a boost because I am still sad and mad about my chicken dilema. (I may have to give away more than 1/3 of my flock family due to a newly passed city ordinance) Somehow the feelings of hate and the feelings of giving have a hard time residing in the same (albeit over-sized) body.
Time for an attitude adjustment seminar I think. Did anybody else have those when they were in college? Think mine will consist of White Zinfandel tonight. Maybe a little bit of artichoke dip and fresh bread on the side since I don't need a hangover to start tomorrow with.

Physically I feel like crud today
hmm.png
I'm just waiting to let the ducks/geese out then I might get a short morning nap... then...

Cazyob and I will make some kindness rocks when he's done with homework and we might head into town and leave them in places for people to find.... like maybe the counter in the post office lobby, in a shopping cart at the grocery store, in the water fountain... I'll let him think of some places also.

Cindy, I like the idea of phone calls. Years ago I decided to track down people that had made a difference in my life and let them know that they had done so. A few years ago one of those people tracked me down to tell me how much it had meant to them that I had done that. The woman had worked in a group home I had been in and so she never saw that the seed she planted had sprouted and taken root. It turns out that about the time I had called her, she was burning out. She wanted me to know that my call had reinvigorated her. Full circle that was.

And another story, this one sorta sad and sorta not. I had never been close to my grandmother since we moved when I was small. I was always uncomfortable with her on the phone so didn't call much. She didn't call me either. Every couple of years I would give her a call and awkwardly tell her I was thinking about her, and she would awkwardly tell me the same. She got very ill two years ago and I flew down there to help out. She never gained consciousness after I got there and passed a few days after I arrived. Later we were at her house and my mom told me how much I meant to my grandmother. I didn't think I did and thought she was trying to make me feel better. My mom went to the answering machine and hit play. Mamaw (that's what I called her) had saved every message I had ever left her... all four of them. They were the only messages saved. I guess we don't always know how we touch people.

Writing this has me in reflection mode... lol. Who should I call before I nap?

Goodness gracious, it's gonna look like I'm chatty today!

Thanks for reposting that Weavegarden!

Morning Weavegarden!

Thank you so much for calling me last night! I have a hard time making friends in the world. And something that I am often saddened by is how come when I reach out to befriend people, they don't respond. But you called me last night. I think you might like me! It was a nice cap to my evening.

The hating/giving dichotomy is a tough one. I do know that there is something about giving that has a good effect on us. And I'm thinking on it!

Your situation is difficult because it's hard for you to get around. That just means you have to be more creative!

I know you were talking about some things you had to give away. Maybe put a box together for charity to pick up. When they come to pick it up, you can give eggs to the person who comes? That's two different days of giving right there!

Back
Top Bottom