(Day 1) 29-Day Giving Challenge - A place for sharing.

Today I made a kindness rock and thank god there wasn't a motion sensed light

Well, I managed to find some creative ways to give today. Thanks to Rainplace for posting that cute little computer buddy heart a few weeks ago.

I also gave some of my time to a friend who called. Normally I would try to get off of the telephone when she gets a little negative. (self preservation) But today, I let her have her say and gave a few suggestions for ways that she could see the brighter side. But I didn't push it. That took some patience, but I felt good about being able to listen and not internalize the negativity. I think she went away from the conversation better than when she first dialed.

I gave a little bit of time to an internet friend who was a bit lonely tonight I think.

I put away some pre-conceived ideas about another internet friend. I was able to take the time to get to know her and found out some really interesting information.

I cleaned up all of my friends petville pets and played games with them..... Well, alright, I would have done that anyway, so I don't think I want to count that.
wink.png

Anyway, I feel better than I thought about giving from a distance. But I still would like to do more hands on giving. Hopefully tomorrow will be a more active day for me.

I hope all of you get better and have a great day tomorrow.

Good morning one and all.

So yesterday I didn't get to go out much so I decided to "give" time to DH and vacuumed ALL the blown in insulation out of the attic so he didn't have to. He just re-insulated with new stuff. The house smells so much better and warm, wow, 82* to wake up to. I also got DD Chinese food on the way home from picking her up from cheer practice. Both DD and DH were grinning from ear to ear. Oldest DD has been MIA. Her boyfriend leaves Fri for the Ocean Classroom until June 4 so I have been letting her hang with him until Fri. Then I will address things with her, like grades
hmm.png

I have to work today. One house to clean until summer when everyone comes back. I am thinking of servicing Verna's (boss) sewing machine today. It sounded rough last week when she had it out.

How many in this challenge are house bound????

I let someone jump ahead of me at the line in grocery store-I loaded all my stuff and then noticed them with 3-4 items and told achsier to stop my order and let them go threw:)

Gave away 7 eggs yesterday-thats all my girls laid that day!

Yesterday during lunch hour we invited some normally trouble making boys into the crochet group and they came in the classroom at lunch and joined us and did very well! It gave the others a different view of them too.

Wow. That is great, all of you. I am really pumped after reading your stories. Wonderful. Writer of Words, I especially liked yours. Being a mother of a grown son, I can tell you that it is amazing when someone gives time to these young males with too much time on their hands. I often found it was the boys that my son knew who looked like trouble or an undesirable who ended up being the best influence on him. Sometimes I think that may have been because I welcomed them into our (family) lives as well.

Today, while I am excited about day 3 of the challenge, I am a little bit ill. I am hoping that passes as I get up and about a bit. But I am going to work on the one I posted about writing out a note or poem. With luck I can get my printer up and running and get several copies. I am also going to try to do the charity box suggestion that Rainplace talked about. If I don't get it out to the shop, at least it is ready to put in my mother's truck for drop off soon.

I have several kids who walk by my house either to and from the school bus, or the McDonald's or YMCA here that has a waterslide. I am thinking about pulling out some of the things that I have been collecting (I collect little boxes, geological specimens like colored rocks, and interesting pieces of branches and wood.) and see if they want to take something home with them.

To my knowledge, I may be the only one who isn't able to get away from home easily. To explain, I am not totally house bound. I just can't drive or walk very far. In fact it is difficult for me to remain upright for more than a short time most days. And when I am able, I usually have a few days of recovery afterward. I get out about 2 times a month to do some shopping or take in lunch. I am able to walk to neighbors that live 1/2 block or so away. Hoping to get a scooter sometime in the future so I can have a little bit more distance. It would be nice not to have to rely on my 73 yr old mother to take me everywhere. But we do enjoy each other, so it isn't all bad... Just hard on her. Thanks for asking.

Last edited:
With our budget always being tight I can't donate a lot to the school, other than time.

Usually I get there early in the afternoon (good parking space bonus) and run copies for the teachers. This morning the kids ran off and forgot their lunches so I had to mosey up there. The Copy Request Rack is now totally empty.
smile.png
Good for the teachers (and thus the kids) and also for Amy. She works as a Cafe Monitor and Volunteers a LOT, but she's having ulcer issues and just can't do as much right now (just off bed rest actually) so that rack being totally empty is a little bit of a load of her mind too.

Not much, but it makes me feel good to pitch in.

Today I brought my boss a potholder I crocheted. Bright Green. She loved it.
big_smile.png

I have also divided/transplanted some plants, all ready to go to new homes.

Back
Top Bottom