(Day 1) 29-Day Giving Challenge - A place for sharing.

Sunday i made a coconut pineapple bread for the troops which DH took to work yesterday. THey gobbeled it right up. THen yesterday i did some babysitting so another spouse could go to physical therapy. Today i deceided my good deed would be taking a bunkbed that my neighbor took to the curve and save it for a needy army family . Of course i will clean it and repainted first. I hope i can find some more furniture and maybe get some young enlisted family a whole bedroom set for their kids.

Some other stuff i plan on doing is make Valentines for the single soldiers, sew bibs for babies of deployed soldiers, volunteer for packing care packets, help my neighbor.... oh and volunteer to help at my kids school.

A restless dude in a car, weaving in and out of traffic, wanted to cut in front of me. I slowed WAY DOWN
wink.png
, and let him in. In general, today, I smiled and said hi to more people (than I usually do).

Wow, what a day! I smiled to everyone I saw, wonder if they knew it was forced? I had a real hard time getting out of my own way. So I faked it. Tried my hardest not to be a jerk to the person who closed the post office door on me. I just smiled and continued on. I also sucked more insulation in the attic. Now that is for the birds!!!! What an awful job. BUT I did it with a smile.

How was everyone else's day?????

Tomorrow I plan on bringing transplants from yesterday to the library.

Wow. I am having a really bad day when I go to the mailbox and find a card from a group of BYC friends with some money to help me out during this awful time I am having over my chickens. I swear, I have never had such good friends in my life. They are truly the best. BYC/Washingtonians ROCK! Big Huge Friendship Rocks to you all!

So, that is my gift to me today.

I am planning to gather todays eggs and take them to a neighbor.
I gave my friend and handy guy the day off even though I really need his help. He looked like he really needed to have it to himself.
I am giving Moody (the half-time dog at my house) a large shank steak that I have in the freezer. They are mostly bone, but I am going to leave all of the meat on it for him so he can indulge himself.
I am heading out the door right now with one of my big Kerry Blue Agates to a passer-by. Well, after I post a couple more things.

Quote:
Oh my goodness, I've faked it so many times. I like how you put it - hard time getting out of my own way. That rings so true for me.
smile.png

Today I tried to give away 1/2 dozen eggs to my elderly neighbor. I went to her house several times before she answered the door. Then she refused them; she can't eat eggs, it turns out. But in the conversation, I found out her adult grandkids have moved out, and she's all alone in her house now. So, I offered to help her in any way, if she needs it. She seemed happy to know that. Then I wandered around in the rain with my little carton of eggs, until I found another neighbor, who was home. It turns out, this neighbor was very excited to get the eggs when she found out they were 'local'. She grinned at me, "I feel blessed today!" Turns out, so do I. Now I'm drying off and am going to give myself the treat of reading my Plant Medicine book for a while.

Back
Top Bottom