(Day 1) 29-Day Giving Challenge - A place for sharing.

I do believe we need to comment more on peoples efforts. It seems like ALMOST every post is about what someone did, and not giving them kudos for doing it.

Vfem that is a great idea and the gardners here will love it!! Good job!!

Quote:
Oh my goodness, I've faked it so many times. I like how you put it - hard time getting out of my own way. That rings so true for me.
smile.png

Today I tried to give away 1/2 dozen eggs to my elderly neighbor. I went to her house several times before she answered the door. Then she refused them; she can't eat eggs, it turns out. But in the conversation, I found out her adult grandkids have moved out, and she's all alone in her house now. So, I offered to help her in any way, if she needs it. She seemed happy to know that. Then I wandered around in the rain with my little carton of eggs, until I found another neighbor, who was home. It turns out, this neighbor was very excited to get the eggs when she found out they were 'local'. She grinned at me, "I feel blessed today!" Turns out, so do I. Now I'm drying off and am going to give myself the treat of reading my Plant Medicine book for a while.

Now THAT is a day to remember!!! Good job. You sound like me - once I have a mission it WILL be completed.
lol.png

Sometimes it is easy to give, but hard to get someone to take our gifts.

I had a little bit of difficulty giving away my Kerry Blue Agate today. Seems like kids aren't as impressed with colored rocks as they once were. Maybe I should have left the price tag on. Oh, I digress into catty-ness. Anyway, I finally asked a boy who walks by everyday by himself if he wanted it. I told him that if he holds it up to a light he can see the blue tint. He was really excited and said he had never seen a real blue rock before. I think he was pretty happy..... A budding rock-hound in the making.

Couldn't make Moody his steak tonight because m mom is playing mommy and making comfort food for me a lot lately. She worries that I don't eat. I am so overweight now, I am not sure how she can wonder that, but she is a mom 'don't cha know'. So tonight I had swiss steak on noodles. Enough for an army.... Moody and I polished it off quite nicely and are both uncomfortable from eating. That should make my mom happy.

Oops, back on topic.
I also didn't make it to the neighbors house with eggs. I know which one I am heading to, but just didn't feel up to a walk across the street. My two closest neighbors are the one that is causing all the chicken problems, and a woman who is in line for a new kidney and can't eat much protein.... So eggs are pretty much out for her. I have told her to let me know if she needs one or more anytime. I would give eggs to the woman that hates my chickens, but I am not quite up to that yet. I do plan on doing it before the challenge is over. But I need to wait until I am stronger emotionally.

I am going to start writing in a journal. That always helps me to keep focused and helps me to slow down enough to really appreciate an activity. This is one that will fit very well into a journal.

Last edited:
Kiddo and I dropped some canned food off for the food bank, and I made Mongolian Chicken for the three of us. I really do hate cooking when the kitchen is such a mess, but again I did it without fuss... and it didn't bother me too much once I decided not to let it bother me
wink.png

I've been really tired these last few days, but I'll start commenting on other people's gifts soon! I had meant to keep that up.

Off to bed!

Quote:
ME TOO!!!! There are all kind of mines here that you can go dig around in. Gold in the rivers we pan for too. LOVE the rocks and crystals.
lol.png

Mine is just a little thing but here it is...

Lines at WalMart were super long yesterday. I was 3rd in line behind 2 other full grocery carts. Lady behind me had 6 skeins of yarn. After I laid my items on the checkout...all 100 some of them, I offered the 'yarn lady' to go ahead of me. She was so stunned that she couldnt say anything. Finally, she smiled and nicely turned down my offer.

I was saddened that she was so un-used to people offering a kindness that she didnt know how to accept.

But, I felt good that we had offered and I think that it is a learning experience for us all in the concept of random kindness. Some of us are much better at giving than receiving BUT if no one is willing to receive, then the person who is trying to give is stuck.

So, remember to be willing to accept the kindness of others, and allow them to be blessed!

Have a great day everyone!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Foodbanks are so in need these days!

Just a suggestion for folks who donate...call your foodbanks or visit them to see if there are certain items that are really in need. The one that we donated to in NY, never had PB and J. So, when our local stores had it on sale for .99, we would buy a case of each to donate and some smaller grocery chains will give you the sale price even if its not currently in the sale flyer if they know that you are purchasing it for a pantry or food bank. Just an FYI
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom