Day 13 VERY BAD AIR CELLS, Opinions please.

I will, thanks.

one more thing, is it ok to put tissue paper on the incubator floor before putting the eggs to prevent the waste during the hatching from scattering and affecting the hatchability of the later eggs?

I'm not sure about that I line the bottom underneath the Tray with paper towels and get it wet a little to increase humidity when I didn't have the pump

I will, thanks.

one more thing, is it OK to put tissue paper on the incubator floor before putting the eggs to prevent the waste during the hatching from scattering and affecting the hatchability of the later eggs?

I was reading this thread because I am having the same issue with saddle shaped cells. I am encourage that @Ariel188 had a fair number hatch! As for putting tissue paper on the floor of the incubator....keep in mind that anything you put over the floor is going to reduce air circulation, so probably not a good idea. It will also soak up the moisture and may affect humidity levels. The incubator should be thoroughly cleaned after each hatch anyway. I have found that most of the leftover hatch fluids clean up pretty well when the get wet again during cleaning. Brinsea makes a concentrated cleaner for incubators or you can use a dilute bleach solution and allow it to air dry well before using the incubator again.

Ok thanks. My problem is that there are still eggs in the same incubator that will hatch later.

Do you have a second one you could move the to for hatch?    What kind do you have?   If you only have the one, how far apart are they due?

i only have one genesis hova bator. I may have have to use a bulb temporarily while cleaning the bator.

I was reading this thread because I am having the same issue with saddle shaped cells. I am encourage that @Ariel188 had a fair number hatch! As for putting tissue paper on the floor of the incubator....keep in mind that anything you put over the floor is going to reduce air circulation, so probably not a good idea. It will also soak up the moisture and may affect humidity levels. The incubator should be thoroughly cleaned after each hatch anyway. I have found that most of the leftover hatch fluids clean up pretty well when the get wet again during cleaning. Brinsea makes a concentrated cleaner for incubators or you can use a dilute bleach solution and allow it to air dry well before using the incubator again.
I use vinegar and water to clean, works great, non toxic, and super cheap! I clean my whole house with homemade cleaners. :)

Back
Top Bottom