Day 15 - no movement - HELP!!

beckim5

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 16, 2011
Vassalboro, ME
Help! On day 9 we lost power and I had to make an emergency run with the bator to my workplace in order to plug it in. I placed the eggs in egg cartons inside the bator and drove like a mad woman. The next morning I brought them home. I've candled a few of them today on day 15 and there are well formed air sacs and black masses taking up most of the space in the eggs, but they are not moving. What do I do?????? Have they died? This is my first hatch and I'm a wreck. I never even liked chickens. How did this happen???
barnie.gif

Our power was out for probably four hours. The bator was without power for only about 45 minutes, though, and it was covered by a blanket under the heat output on the floor of my car about 20 minutes into it. I was a panicking mess. I'm afraid that if I do have any that are still viable that the ones that might be dead will burst in my incubator after lockdown... but I don't want to pull out an egg if it's still got a chance.... UGH!!!! I don't think broodies give it this much thought....

The babies are getting big and it is hard to see them move at this point. Just relax and breathe lol (I know...it's hard)

sickbyc.gif
Thank you all for the support! I will try to relax and stop obsessing... I never would have imagined that hatching eggs could be so stressful!

Back
Top Bottom