Day 16 & Wiggling???

It shouldn't hurt them, just make sure to keep your hands clean, and don't drop them of course! I have never done that to an egg that has started development, thank goodness, but it has happened to other people before. I normally candle my eggs frequently.

disaster, today about 8 am, my wife requested to turn the hearing on . As my egg rotation time was at 9 am.
When I woke up to turn the eggs I realised that the temperature went up to 40c. Which is 104 f. Its been about an hour when eggs were in that intense heat.
I am not darting to candela the egg I know if I see dead baby inside the egg. I would not be able to tolerate to find that I killed the baby chicke

Thank you for all the good advice Bugglesmommy. I have taken the advice, and so far so good. I hope to have an eggciting weekend, wish me luck!

Hi ,
I think too much knowledge can be feral too . Lol . I have read somewhere that improper egg turning can cause the chick to die on day 18. If that is the case then non of mine will hatch.
I have been turning them regularly 3 times a day or some day 4 times. I am worried that some time there will be a gap of 8 hours in between them and some will have 7 hours gap in turning eggs. Doe it makes the chick die as irregular timing as it keep changing

You have turned them adequately. 3-4 times a day is enough and it does not have to be set times or anything.

hugs.gif
Take a deep breathe and relax!!!

u can candle the eggs ever day. once u see the chicks head through the air pocket on the big end they are ready to make the big move out.

Is it normal for some egg sacs are smaller than the others , someone them are really big and some are smaller in size , I do not have water in incubator as the humidity in incubator is about 38 to 40% . I am doing dry incubation as I have heard that this method is the best . As upon I candling some air scans are looking brilliant and some are looking a bit smaller than the others.

No , I went to a breeder and she freshly picked them out of the nests in front of me

Back
Top Bottom