Day 17 and I heard a peep Oh No!*updated*

ethingtonart

Songster
10 Years
May 29, 2009
indianapolis
What should I do? We are supposed to go into lockdown tomorrow morning, and I was getting ready to candle tonight. Should I skip the candling and just crank up the humidity? Also I was going to put them into cartons to hatch. Is that out of the question now since they have orientated themselves (or itself) already?
I've never had this problem before. We had several temp spikes during incubation. So, what should I do?

Last edited:
I'm sorry I don't know the answer but by now you probably have a chick? I guess my advice would be to continue on as planned with putting them all in the cartons and hoping for the best....I certainly hope you are having lots of luck....surprised no one else has answered you.....usually you get bunches of advise ! Good Luck with your hatch ! Sending good chickie vibes your way!!!!
fl.gif

I just wanted to give an update just in case someone else finds themselves in this situation.
I don't think I ended up doing the right thing. I wasn't 100% sure that I had heard the peep come from the eggs and not the chicks in the next room, so I decided to risk it. I decided not to candle and I placed the eggs in the egg cartons to hatch. On day 20 one egg hatched, but the chick was in a really strange position and struggled for about seven hours after he had zipped! I finally had to help him remove the top of the egg and then he struggled free. None of the other eggs so much as pipped.
I'm going to keep them in the incubator for another day just to be sure, but I don't think they are going to make it.
sad.png

Quote:
im so sorry that happened to you!
hugs.gif
i'm sending good vibes your way that you have pips and zips soon
smile.png
fl.gif
on the brightside atleast you have a chick now! good luck and tell us how it goes!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom