Heard a chick peep, What do I do?

Gamewarden

In the Brooder
Oct 8, 2023
It's day 22, I candled my eggs to see what was going on, one of them started peeping. When I candled them, the air sac looked weird, It was way bigger than when I had candled them on day 18. What do I do? I'm worried that the chick has internally piped and won't pip on the outside. I'm new to incubation. Please help!

It's day 22, I candled my eggs to see what was going on, one of them started peeping. When I candled them, the air sac looked weird, It was way bigger than when I had candled them on day 18. What do I do? I'm worried that the chick has internally piped and won't pip on the outside. I'm new to incubation. Please help!
The air sac does get bigger closer to hatch the peeping is a very good sign means it’s internally piped just leave it alone and I promise it’ll externally pip in the next 24hrs

Thank you for your help! I think I'm even more worried with the setting because the last one I did in this incubator, none hatched. We thought it might be because of a faulty hygrometer, but aren't sure.

Is it normal, then, for them to just be internally piping on the 22ed day? Also, about how long does it take from the internal pip for them to hatch?

Thank you for your help! I think I'm even more worried with the setting because the last one I did in this incubator, none hatched. We thought it might be because of a faulty hygrometer, but aren't sure.

Is it normal, then, for them to just be internally piping on the 22ed day? Also, about how long does it take from the internal pip for them to hatch?
Them being a bit late means your temp was a bit low so all good there. From internal pip it can take 24 hours to external pip and then can take an additional 24 hours to hatch after externally piping but if you want to make sure it’s actually internally piped you can candle it and if you see a beak shadow it is. Sometimes it is even if you can’t see the beak but the chick peeping is a very good sign

Back
Top Bottom