Day 17... do these look about right?

AH HA moment! Good idea! Be sue to post pics when they hatch! bet theyll be so darn cute!!!! have you seen them wiggle yet???

nope. but then they're in an auto turner, so that may be keeping the eggs from wiggling... when i put them in the hatcher tomorrow they'll be laying on their sides more... then we'll see if there's a wiggle. 8)

fl.gif
that they all hatch... if so, that's ... (counting fingers toes etc)... 24... (had to count puppytoes too) so 24 chicks due the 21st, another 9 due the 28th...

and if the dorkings ever start laying, then those get hatched too... i'll put them in for 7-10 day staggers, depending how many eggs we get from 2 hens. (side note, hubby said roo's doing his job
ep.gif
) i figure 6 rails on the auto turner, i can set a batch a week and keep em rotating. 8) god this is addictive! i still need to build more pens/coops, plus 2 sheds for people use (once we flatten the spot they're going on) AND adjust to a new work schedule. (weekends off!
celebrate.gif
)​

Probably a wiser choice than in the kitchen! We have a large kitchen and I have both bators sitting on a side bar that we pass each time we go to the kitchen... I look at them SO many times a day!!!!
clap.gif

Quote:
nope. but then they're in an auto turner, so that may be keeping the eggs from wiggling... when i put them in the hatcher tomorrow they'll be laying on their sides more... then we'll see if there's a wiggle. 8)

fl.gif
that they all hatch... if so, that's ... (counting fingers toes etc)... 24... (had to count puppytoes too) so 24 chicks due the 21st, another 9 due the 28th...

and if the dorkings ever start laying, then those get hatched too... i'll put them in for 7-10 day staggers, depending how many eggs we get from 2 hens. (side note, hubby said roo's doing his job
ep.gif
) i figure 6 rails on the auto turner, i can set a batch a week and keep em rotating. 8) god this is addictive! i still need to build more pens/coops, plus 2 sheds for people use (once we flatten the spot they're going on) AND adjust to a new work schedule. (weekends off!
celebrate.gif
)

it IS INCREADIBLY addicting! my chicks lived in my room for 5 Weeks! and im thinking about getting 2 hens from a friend who doesnt want them.... that means another $200 on another coop..... addicting AND rapidly expanding!

Quote:
j
thanks pete... think those pics looked about right for 17 days? i'm still worried my dorkings are behind the curve...

ki4got wrote:
Quote:
How do you tell?

because i could see the shadow of his head moving around in the air cell. (they're all 'he' to me until they start showing signs of being hens. then i'm pleasantly surprised by how many girls i got LOL)

Back
Top Bottom