Day 17 (edited)

Well...I candled my 7 designer chick eggs and all have veining
yippiechickie.gif

Is it day 21 yet????

Quote:
I have seen people post things like wrapping the bator in a blanket, or getting those hand warmers (like hunters use to stash in their pockets), and putting the eggs on those in case of emergencies. Also, if you google 'matilda', that is a link to instructions on homemade incubator...that shows you how to wire it up to plug into a car lighter...Maybe that would help!!

Quote:
My power went out once during a hatch (on day 21)
luckly I have propain so my stove and heat still worked, I took 2 potato's put them in the oven and heat them up, I then placed them in the bator (i did not cover it with blankets or anything, b/c that screws with the hum) well it worked real good, If you dont have propain you could always use your grill (wrap the potato's up in tin foil and stick them on)
But don't worry to much b/c your lights are going to stay on the whole time !!!!!!!

Good luck

Yeah we are slowly moving along gonna candle soon to see what I have..... My DH made me a candler........it is so cool.....

Quote:
If you loose power let me know, I have two that insist they want to go broody again, great broodies, but I dont need any more chicks.
barnie.gif

great will keep that in mind......................
my girls are too young yet to go broody....

Good luck!
big_smile.png

if the power goes out, try using some hand warmers maybe.
smile.png
I don't know about the candle thing, but you can give it a try(Don't catch anything on fire!
wink.png
) and if it does happen to go out(lets hope it doesn't!
fl.gif
) Then DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT cover it completely in a blanket or something!!!
ep.gif
This will suffocate your eggs if you aren't careful!!!
th.gif

Good luck! Yes, i know how you feel! it will seem like forever before 21 days have passed! I'm on day 22 and my egg is wiggling, but no pips.
fl.gif
It seems like forvever!!!!
gig.gif
lau.gif

Thank you.....

Day 7 candleing later today.......
We shall see what if anything is going on....
Not sure how well the rooster does his job yet....LOL

Oh yeah and we still have power YEAH!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom