Day 17 egg movement, can I lockdown a day early? Detached membranes!

Somyis

Songster
Dec 30, 2021
So we've been pretty sure 1 of our 3 eggs is a day or two more developed/ahead of the others. This one's egg is ROLLING. We also see tiny twitching movements in the other 2. Is it ok to start lockdown and increase humidity now? They all have pretty bad "saddle bag" air cells extending on their sides... I've been told that supposedly their membranes have been pulled away from a side, if that's the same thing. So I want to do this as right as possible (we suspect rough handling in shipping) I really want these lil guys to make it ahh. They're silver campines if that matters

What should I do! Increase humidity now? It's been kept at 50-55.. I'm excited but very worried- since we discovered really late that 2 of these definitely have their membranes pretty severely pulled away from one side of the egg.. The air cell space at the end of the eggs look alright I think though..help! :eek:

Also we have a 360 nurture right, I already went ahead and just now took out the auto-turner, and put them in individual egg cartons to stand them up.

Last edited:
And I just noticed, one of the eggs has grey spotting on it, does that mean anything?

Attachments

• egg1.jpg
    egg1.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 5
  • egg1_.jpg
    egg1_.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 5
I'm sorry no one replied! Just saw this, how did it go in the end?
Haha hey, so it turned out perfectly smooth. All 3 hatched quick and easy! Strong lil guys. One hatch per day, one after the other in 3 consecutive days. Didn't have any complications at all.. other than the first girl that hatched tumbling and drunk-crashing around the incubator like she was had so much energy to release, idk I guess she was super ready to live...oor maybe her constricted down detached membrane messed with her development a little lol.. She does seem kind of "special" actually right now..she will peck and miss a treat a couple times then loses interest. But uh other than that she's perfectly functioning and a mellow one. Thanks for asking :p Here's one of them today at 7 weeks

Attachments

• 274186531_137082825476295_2170139866552019276_n.jpg
    274186531_137082825476295_2170139866552019276_n.jpg
    470.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
So for anyone that see's this- if your eggs look like THIS (day 14) and you're unsure, def give em a chance :D (had someone say it's probably unviable) They hatched perfectly fine with ~70% lockdown humidity using a 360 nurture right

I definitely have one of those eggs on lockdown right now. It was moving before I put it in, but now I can't see anything moving. (I can candle from outside the 'bator on that one.) Little worried, I just realized I put them in lockdown on Day 16.

I definitely have one of those eggs on lockdown right now. It was moving before I put it in, but now I can't see anything moving. (I can candle from outside the 'bator on that one.) Little worried, I just realized I put them in lockdown on Day 16.
Oo good luck :fl I wasnt seeing movement either for the one shown in vid, so it was a happy surprise when she hatched. But day 16 lockdown-is the air cell a nice size? You may be ok I think, I've read other people locking down on 16 but its a bit riskier it seems

The air cells are completely jacked up for the most part. I'm just wishing these babies the best. Shipped eggs, the USPS took the football shape to heart :\

The air cells are completely jacked up for the most part. I'm just wishing these babies the best. Shipped eggs, the USPS took the football shape to heart :\
Yep SAME :p Not sure I'll do shipped eggs again, even when they're packaged super nicely. Those dang USPS quarterbacks. I don't really have much experience in incubating so sorry I can't help you but please update on how it goes 😢 GLGLGL

Back
Top Bottom