Day 17: high spiked temp for 4 hours. Any chance they’re alive?

Chicks192

Hatching
Jun 18, 2023
We are on day 20 of incubating chick eggs but they are not making any noise, nor rocking, nor pipping. I believe they are suppose to hatch tomorrow, but I'm losing hope. Last week, on day 17 when my son rotated them, unbeknownst to me, he elevated the temp when he saw that when placing the lid back on it was well below 100. He increased it to get it up to 100 (thinking he was helping) however thus raised it well over (I want to say around 115). It was like that for 4 hours. I'm devastated that his mistake could’ve been detrimental. Has this ever happened and any survived? I'm worried they're all gone.

I’m reading the internal temp of the incubator does not correlate to the internal temp of the eggs, and that “a number of hours” determines what it can withstand… how much time determines this though?? I can’t seem to find any answers. Eggs and incubation temps have been perfect the entire 17 days. Can 4 hours of a spike that late really have killed them, or would it have to have been longer?? Any chance they can still make it? Trying to understand on day 17, how strong the chicks are to withstand that and survive high temps for the short amount of time.

Appreciate your input without any criticism towards my son. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom