day 17 I think ? for ya all also info on a clearance thermometer $3.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Zookeeper9000, May 4, 2008.

1. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Hi I set my eggs at 6:30 pm on the 17th of April. I counted the 18th as day one. If that is correct then I am on day 17 right?/ or day 18? confused

2nd ? - tomorrow will be day 18 (if I am right) so do I turn for the last time tonight and put my eggs in the carton after I turn or do I turn all day tomorrow and put my eggs in the carton on the last turn tomorrow night.

Thanks again for your help.

Also for those looking for a thermometer that has one of those probes for the water wiggler, if you have a Menards store they have some on clearance for $2.99 they even have the batteries with them, just call and ask for hardware and give them this UPC and they will tell ya if they have it or not. Menards in Marinette WI has over 40 left

UPC 900310000007

it is a great deal I bought the only one the local store (escanaba MI) had then I called till I found one in a relatives town they were nice enough to hold 4 of them for me till she can get in there later this week. Good luck

2. chickenlady

chickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    Generally they say if you put the eggs in after 1pm, count the next day as day 1. So, April 18th was day 1 for you.

Turn your eggs on day 18 and at the end of the day, up your humidity, take them out of the turner, and close up your bator until all the babies have hatched and dried.

Good luck to you!!

3. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Thanks for the help that is what I thought but such confusing posts sometimes LOL Happy hatching

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by