day 17, I think I may have killed my chicks- help

new2thechickworld

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Texas
Hi I am new at incubating- this is our first time. We or really I have put so much work, time and love into these little eggs. We recently candled them and for sure have 3 out of 4 silkies doing very well. However, I have had a few minor issues with the temperture the past 2 days- so this morning I attempted to adjust it. An hour later I came back and the themometor was maxed out at 120! Did I kill them? I am so very upset. I tried checking one but it wasn't moving. I am really hoping someone gives me the news I want to hear but the truth is better- If you have any knowledge on this please let me know.

Thanks in advance-
Crying over the eggs.
sad.png

in all honesty i dont really think they are going to make it. im sorry. it really depends on how long they were in that high temperature. i would try candling a little later to see, but personally at this poitn i would just wait out the next couple of days you only have 4 more days to go and you never know ...ther still might be someone who can make it. i would just wait and see. keep me posted k

I was on day 16 with 2 duck eggs both were growing and wiggling in there - than my bator spiked twice once was 110 - the other was 112 - I lost both of my babies.

I have since set more ducks and trying again....

let them stay in there for the next few days and hope for the best....

Julie

I really appreciate everyones input. I will be standing by the incubator impatiently the next couple of days. My husband said, you can't get attached to an egg- but I say oh yes you can! I will keep posting the results. Thanks to everyone

Well I just candled 2 of my silkies and I could tell atleast 1 of them is still moving! Thats a little relief, I'll take one survival.

Back
Top Bottom