Day 17 On Corntix Hatch When Should They Be Hatching? UPDATE HATCHING!

As long as your temps and humidity have been good and stable- it takes 18 days to hatch coturnix quail, rarely they will be a day early or late, but for the most part, 18 days till hatch. The eggs on day 10 have 8 more full days to go.

Are the day 17 eggs in lockdown yet?

i put them in lockdown on day 14. This is my first time hatch quail eggs. I have a few quail that are full grown i bought off a byc member so the 12 eggs are my eggs and the other 100 are from an ebay auction.

Anywhere From Now Thru Day 20. If Your Thermometer Is Off And The Bator Is A Tad Cool They Will Be Late. Opposite Is True If A Tad Hot. Also If The Eggs Were Older When Set They May Be A Little Late.

Quote:
Just what I was going to say!
thumbsup.gif

Maybe I'm just generalizing, but the 17 day eggs could hatch anytime now! The other 100 staggered eggs will most likely hatch when they are of the same age as the 17 day old eggs since they are in the same bator.
Just my best guess.

Good luck with your hatch!
fl.gif

well out of the 12 that was suppose to hatch none did. I think i havent been turning them enought. I have only had time to turn them once a day. When i cracked open the 12 eggs that was suppose to hatch all of them where dead and fully developed. So any suggestions on what i can do to get the other 100 eggs to hatch that is in the bator right now. I bought a egg turner but i have the quail rail on order they want be here for a couple of days. I have been trying to turn them more now to.

Back
Top Bottom