Day 17, quail eggs not pipping

Jan 20, 2022
Hi there,

I know I probably shouldn't worry about this as I do still have a day or 2 until they are expected to hatch, but I am quite an impatient person and tend to get very nervous over small things. Yesterday 3 of my eggs were moving around quite a bit (on day 16). I woke up today expecting an external pip however there are no signs of movement or pipping. My humidity and temperature is perfect and so I don't know if I have gone wrong somewhere or if I should just wait. I'm hoping someone can help. x

Thanks to everyone who has helped me through this. Right now we have 2 healthy little chicks in the incubator, running around and chirping. One egg which has pipped today morning has not progressed any further, however I know I should wait 24 hours before I assist them hatching. Thanks to everyone again!

Heres a pic of them a few hours prior

Attachments

• IMG_6364.JPG
    IMG_6364.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 6
They are absolutely adorable aren't they love watching them hatch it's like pop corn lol one starts and stimulates others to come.out. a couple of years ago my husband thought it would be funny to.buy me 48 quail eggs off ebay so off the went into incubator I took great care with humidy temp etc I actually hatched 36 healthy quail out of the 48 eggs my husband wasn't laughing at this point with all these quail running around.
😄 🤣 😂 here they were xx

Attachments

• 20200825_125143.jpg
    20200825_125143.jpg
    524.3 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom