Day 17 worries

Heluerto

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 9, 2010
Banbury, UK
Ok, so I know that the temperature is a bit low, my incubator is stuffed, and needs to go back under warranty, but I continued none the less. Last night was day 17, so I cancelled the eggs prior to lockdown, but I'm sure development is well behind, I could see darkness, but only in about 1/4 of the shell. Couldn't see any blood rings but couldn't see any movement either (although didn't look for long on any eggs). Has anyone else had this at day 17 with any successes?
Should I go into lockdown regardless or wait a bit longer?

Hmm hard question to answer! Hopefully someone will come by soon that knows! If it was me, I guess I would probably wait until day 19 to go into lockdown. I think lockdown is most critical when they are pipping and opening the shells, but not so much during that first day.

You have nothing to loose to keep things going for another 4 days or so. You never know what will survive and hatch.

A friend of mine has just had a delayed hatch of coturnix chicks. Delayed by 7 days I must add
big_smile.png
I have no idea how low the temp was but it must have been REALLY low. Unfortunately only 11 eggs survived out of more than 80 eggs.

I wouldn't go into lockdown for at least 3 days. And then I would candle again to check how things are (if they're growing at all).

Back
Top Bottom