Day 17

Crazy for Chickens!

Free Ranging
Jun 9, 2017
NW Missouri
I use a flashlight to candle my eggs, so i don't see any veins in the final stages. I don't know if you can see them with a regular candler or not. Did you see veins in the first week? If so, i would say there is a good chance it's alive. Anyway, since you are so close, i would just wait it out, and see if it hatches! Good luck! :)

aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
I hope I am at the right place to ask a question. I am on day 17 of hatching chicken eggs. In one of my eggs I can't see any movement or veins. There is also a air cell on both ends of the egg. Could it be a late chicken death
Have you candled previously in the incubation to watch for development and to trace the air cells??

Kim Burgess

In the Brooder
May 4, 2018
FB_IMG_1539800130125.jpg FB_IMG_1539800130125.jpg that's the small end FB_IMG_1539800130125.jpg
Have you candled previously in the incubation to watch for development and to trace the air cells??

Kim Burgess

In the Brooder
May 4, 2018
Yes and there was only the one air cell at the top. The chick was moving a little the day before. Then today no movement. I also couldn't see the veins that well the day I saw slight movement

Kim Burgess

In the Brooder
May 4, 2018
I use a flashlight to candle my eggs, so i don't see any veins in the final stages. I don't know if you can see them with a regular candler or not. Did you see veins in the first week? If so, i would say there is a good chance it's alive. Anyway, since you are so close, i would just wait it out, and see if it hatches! Good luck! :)
Yes I saw a few veins on day 16. I'm going to leave it in and hope for the best. Thank you

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom