Day 18 for most eggs !!!!

swtangel321

~Crazy Egg Lady~
11 Years
Jul 11, 2008
Hi there everyone, I put about 15 eggs in the bator and all but 4 are on day 18, the extra 4 eggs are on day 17,16,15,14. I just couldn't stop putting eggs in it's very addicting !!! My question is I have stoped turing the 15 eggs, should I up my humitidy today and take my air plugs out, or wait for the others a day or 2 ??? I will turn the others for a day or 2 more !!! Thanks for the help !!!

I'd go ahead and up the humidity. I'd rather loose one or two of the later additions than take a chance on loosing more of the original 15.

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Sending good hatching vibes your way!!! I too am on day 18 and cant wait!!! I also kept putting eggs in as its so addicting i had to go buy a new incubator for hatching as i have so many due on different days!!! lol
Kath x
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
This is the problem with staggered hatches and only one bator. You chance sacrificing some eggs for the others. Personally, I would NOT up the humidity until I see the first pip...then turn it up to around 60%. Try to keep it 60% or so for the entire hatch...not much more. Hopefully, by keeping it on the lower side of acceptable, you'll have less chance of drowning chicks in the other eggs.

After the first hatch, get it back down to around 40%.

Quote:
Thanks for the advise !!! I up'd the humitidy a little bit (about 45-50) it was about 30-35ish during the first 18 days, wont go any higer than that !!!! Thanks so much !!!!

hi, I am a new chic-a-holic also. My first babies started hatching at 5:30 this morning on day 21. So far 8 EE's and 3 BR. My question is this, After they all started hatching, the humidity shot up to 85-88 is this ok? I would hate to lose the babies now if its too high. Should I take the babies out now and put them in the brooder?

I take the babies out when they are mostly dry. You might want to try to get the humidity down a little, though may be fine. Humidity does go up considerably during hatch.

Back
Top Bottom