Day 18.....Lockdown

LDeBona

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 28, 2013
Today is day 18 of my first ever hatch. I started with 26 Welsummer, BCM, EE, and OE eggs. I have culled down to 12. These 12 look good......wiggling little chicks inside. I'm using my new Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance incubator. My plan is to take it off the turner later today and fill both chambers up with water. I have read and researched all I can. I'm hoping I'm doing this right. Any advice???

Thanks in advance,
Leslie

leave'm be till day 23 even if they pipped and have not hatched yet. they will be fine if they pipped the outer shell they have yolk to last until day 23.

Thanks for the info! I am having a hard time getting my humidity over 69%. Should that be adequate??

A mix of Welsummer, Barred Rock, Sussex, Australorp, Faverolle and Hamburgs. I wanted a mix of things! Started with 4 of each, but 10 didn't make it to lockdown, and there's a couple I'm iffy about. I've got them in a Brinsea TLC40, which is meant as an intensive care unit/parrot brooder, so I have been manually turning, but it's been great at maintaining humidity/temperature.

So hoping that the hatch goes well!

A mix of Welsummer, Barred Rock, Sussex, Australorp, Faverolle and Hamburgs. I wanted a mix of things! Started with 4 of each, but 10 didn't make it to lockdown, and there's a couple I'm iffy about. I've got them in a Brinsea TLC40, which is meant as an intensive care unit/parrot brooder, so I have been manually turning, but it's been great at maintaining humidity/temperature.

So hoping that the hatch goes well!

How exciting! I culled almost half of my shipped eggs within the first 10 days. They either had terribly damaged air cells or failed to develop past day 7. After day 10, the 12 remaining eggs have done really well. My humidity has ranged from 35-40%. I'm just really hoping I don't screw things up these last few days!

hey guys todays day 20 of my first hatch! hopefully tmrw morning or afternoon i should have a few chicks
fl.gif
. i only set 4 chicken eggs and 1 wasnt any god so i tossed it. i also have 31 bobwhite quail eggs in the incubator that are going to hatch thursday :). im excited!! i hope you guys have a great hatch! im using a hovabator genesis 1588 with an egg turner. i have no internal pips yet im getting kinda scared

Back
Top Bottom