Day 18.....Lockdown

will they die if i completely stop turning them during lockdown?

Stop turning the eggs at lockdown. The chicks will be orienting themselves for hatching. Raise the humidity and don't open the incubator for any reason. They know what to do:) Good luck!

Leslie

Good luck everyone! A friend of mine brought me a dozen Royal Palm turkey eggs on Saturday. She had a turkey that abandoned her nest.
She wasn't sure how long the "hen" had been sitting on them. I fired up the bator Saturday morning and quickly started candling the eggs. The first few just had a floating yolk. A couple had some slight veining. Two were totally full and have moving chicks inside!! I'm so concerned about the humidity, turning, and timing! This morning I woke up to a pip!!! I have 9 eggs standing in the rails and the three advanced eggs lying on their sides not in rails. I've tried to raise the humidity without opening the bator but I can't get it as high as I'd like to.

To complicate matters worse, I'm afraid I have a stinker! There is a foul smell coming from the bator. I can't open it to investigate because of the pip! Help!!!

Leslie:(

good luck! I had a turkey who sat on her eggs never hatched one- once I saw her carry a stinker from her nest and she was running with it and it broke in her mouth as she was carrying it- boy was she unhappy!

Back
Top Bottom