Day 18 possible quitter - leave in during lockdown?

P-01

Chirping
Jul 8, 2020
Hi - So I just did my final candling (Day 18), and all looks well except for one questionable egg. While it doesn't look like a super obvious quitter (no blood ring, etc) I have a feeling that is is. The air cell didn't advance all that much from Day 14. On the other hand, the shadow did grow which covers most of the egg (which is why posting a pic would lack details).

I do not see any movement like the others, nor can I really make out any blood vessels/veins. The large shadow also appears to slightly swoosh around when I move the egg, unlike the others. While I'm not certain it's absolutely a quitter, I think it might be..

If it has no cracks and smells fine, is it ok to leave in the incubator during lockdown?

Also, has anyone else had experience with questionable Day 18 eggs? Is there ALWAYS a tell tale sign like a blood ring, or could it of just stopped developing between days 14 and 18 and not show the obvious signs of a quitter?

Thanks

Is there ALWAYS a tell tale sign like a blood ring, or could it of just stopped developing between days 14 and 18 and not show the obvious signs of a quitter?
The blood ring will only appear early on. Sometimes the late quitters are very obvious (clear fluid with random floating bits), but even then most will leave them in. As long as there's no smell, there's no harm playing "just in case."

Back
Top Bottom