Day 18 worries

Chickaletta8

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2015
West Tennesse
We have came upon day 18. We have had temp issues and assume they will be late. We candled last night and saw that one side is pretty full, the other side is kind of open and veiny. Also the air cell appears small. Lock down or wait?

Lock down has begun. Hubby says it is too soon. I trust the advice of others. If it happens, it happens. If not, we tried. I want these chicks to live so badly. The past 18 days has totally revolved around chicken eggs and future baby chicks.

Lock down has begun. Hubby says it is too soon. I trust the advice of others. If it happens, it happens. If not, we tried. I want these chicks to live so badly. The past 18 days has totally revolved around chicken eggs and future baby chicks.

Once you see them move, you are done for. They have you...and your life will never be the same.

You have helped me through this process thus far. What is the harm in lock down too soon?
None. I lock down as early as day 14 if my travel schedule requires it, or at least remove them from the turner. I try to lock down by day 17 rather than 18 to ensure a little extra time to rotate into position.

Back
Top Bottom